New menus on Legend yet?

beachbum6264

I leave on 9/11/11. I really hope they haven't changed over yet on the Legend. My family are fans of Royal Caribbean and I had to convince and talk everyone into trying Carnival. I want everyone to enjoy theirselves and food is a big part of what they enjoy.

I don't cruise for food....

And I don't know anyone that really does, either. But it does add to the total cruise experience. Good friends, good wine, good food, good times.

Don't know if I would cruise on a line that had horrible food, tho.

I just came back from Legend (8/7-8/14). No new menus yet. That being said, I am not sure if it was a good or a bad thing. I found the food in the MDR underwhelming and not particularly well prepared.

I was on Spirit's New Year cruise just 8 months ago and thought that while the menu was not particularly inspired, the food was well prepared.

This time around they even managed to ruin filet Mignon. All steak dishes tasted like they were steamed and then grilled.

I leave on 9/11/11. I really hope they haven't changed over yet on the Legend. My family are fans of Royal Caribbean and I had to convince and talk everyone into trying Carnival. I want everyone to enjoy theirselves and food is a big part of what they enjoy.

According to John Heald's blog, the new menus start on all 7-day cruises on Sept 1, except Magic and Spirit. He still doesn't have a schedule for the 3-, 4-, or 5-day cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I heard from the maitre d' on the Victory he said they are tryin gout the new menus on the some of the ships. One being the Imagination. I heard that the new menu is focused around the "Deja Ever" theme and has things like frog legs, alligstor etc. I'm excited about it

We have a great roll call going! Well over 1100 posts. Stop by and say hello!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1334993

Anyone freshly off the Legend? New menus yet, or not? Hoping for some new choices in a couple of weeks. :D I like the new stuff, but am in the "I would like to see shrimp cocktail back" camp.

I hope so. I want to try alligator and frog legs!! 17 days!

So, with all this discussion, and a fair amount of negativity, I'm wondering - is the quality of the food the same, or will this be different? I'm sure some of my favorite foods aren't on the new menus (would have to go through my cruise food pictures to see all the great things we've eaten) but when I look through the new menus, I still am overwhelmed by the number of things I love and would have to order. So, my concern is, will all the fabulous soups and salads be as good as they always have been? If so, I have no complaints about the new menus. Except that now I'll have to try some of the new things, like alligator tail, and really will be pushing my stomach's limits :p

So, with all this discussion, and a fair amount of negativity, I'm wondering - is the quality of the food the same, or will this be different? s :p

Im sure it will probably be the same. Some people have a hard time with change. I mean--how bad can it be??

Archived