Freedom of Seas Family Oceanview or Promenade Staterooms

cna2021

Hi - Booking our first family cruise on the Freedom of the Seas Royal Carribean ship for December. We are struggling on the rooms. We are traveling with friends who prefer the price of the Promenade Family State room vs the Family Oceanview. can anyone provide tips on either? Also can anyone confirm there is actually a door to the bedroom with the bunk beds or is is just a curtain - even Royal Caribbean gives me mixed responses. THe last would be with kids 3, 4, and 9 would a family suite work or should we book connecting rooms? PLEASE any help from prior cruisers would be SOOO helpful. This is a big expense and a trip we are all excited for and i Just want to make sure we are making the most of it. Thanks

We stayed in an Family Oceanview on Freedom so I can try to answer your questions. First of all, there IS NOT a door to the bunk area, it is just a curtain, it is more of an alcove area than an actual room. It just has the bunks and a closet, very small area. We were a family of 5 and it worked out great for us, my two younger children were on the bunks, and my older DS took the sofa bed. We had plenty of closet space and room to move around.

Here is a picture (not the greatest) of 9500

5711084046_ff9fa9e9d2.jpg

I am standing between the bunk "alcove" and the bathroom looking into the room. We loved the large windows and the view from the front of the ship was great!

For our Oasis trip we decided to go with adjoining balcony cabins, the benefit there was two bathrooms, two tv's, and two separate living areas if we needed to separate the kids at all. In the FOV we weren't able to do that and there were fights over the tv, etc. We did prefer the adjoining rooms to the FOV, but I would still highly recommend it for families with young children. I hope I helped a little. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you both very much. can either of you confirm if there is a tub or shower in family state room - pics looked like tub but I was advised shower? So afraid whichever choice will be wrong one - my husband really wants two connecting rooms as well but for price I was thinking for first cruise of doing family -

We only had a shower in our FOV, no tub. My kids were young and used to baths but we made do. The shower had the handle that came off so I could shower the kids pretty low.

I wonder if the tub is specific to promenade family cabins???

Archived