OT Rail Europe question

CathyCruises

DH and I are planning our November pre- and post-cruise adventures. We are contemplating flying into Zurich, so I can show him the small Swiss village where I lived many years ago; training to someplace in France and meandering for a few days, then training to Barcelona to embark. On the raileurope site, I found a combo train/car package which would work well for us. I tried to find the same package on the eurail site, but couldn't find it. Does anyone have experience with this? I prefer to use 'official' sites vs. resellers for obvious reasons, so I am a little leery of this deal. Any advice appreciated.

P.S. I realize this has nothing to do with Italy! I just trust 'you people' most!

I can't help you with this specific question, but I share your feelings about resellers; only when they add value or are the only game in town.

When I'm looking at train trips that include multiple countries in Europe, I use the German train site, http://www.bahn.de/i/view/USA/en/index.shtml. I've found it to have the most comprehensive information and it's very easy to use.

DH and I are planning our November pre- and post-cruise adventures. We are contemplating flying into Zurich, so I can show him the small Swiss village where I lived many years ago; training to someplace in France and meandering for a few days, then training to Barcelona to embark. On the raileurope site, I found a combo train/car package which would work well for us. I tried to find the same package on the eurail site, but couldn't find it. Does anyone have experience with this? I prefer to use 'official' sites vs. resellers for obvious reasons, so I am a little leery of this deal. Any advice appreciated.

P.S. I realize this has nothing to do with Italy! I just trust 'you people' most!

The website you want to read for rail reference and buying tickets in Europe is SEAT61.COM. Totally invaluable

Swiss rail used to have a ride and drive type package. Perhaps they still do. I doubt that it would work ending up in Barcelona, though, but it might be worth a look at the SBB website.

Archived