Laundry Charges

William Hartnell

Can anyone provide this years prices for laundry services aboard (I'm travelling Azura next month but I guess they are the same company wide)

I'm particularly interested in shirt pressing costs as i'm fed up with my shirts being creased on arrival. Alteratively if anyone has any tips on packing shirts that would also be welcome.

Does anyone else send their wardrobe to be pressed or am I being a little decadent?

Many thanks in anticipation.

I've just taken this from the P & O website so hopefully it's up to date!

https://ask.pocruises.com/resources/carnivaluk/fleet/laundry_prices

I'm an awful packer so will hope the creases will drop on their own, if not then I'll have to spend an hour or so in the laundry room!

As much as I don't want to spend a lot of time in the laundry I won't pay just for ironing!

That's just me! :D

most stateroom decks have a launderette on them, probably have to pay for washers and dryers but there should be irons & ironing boards are free to use.

Washers and driers are free to use but you have to provide the soap powder. They sell it in the shop if you dont take your own

Brian

Wow, £3 per shirt for laundering!

What puts me off is it could take up to 3 days to return the items. Heck, what are they doing with them, flying them off the ship.

It looks as if i will be joining the scrum in the launderette, hopefully passengers understand launderette etiquette.

It looks as if i will be joining the scrum in the launderette, hopefully passengers understand launderette etiquette.

............ which is what please?

Survival of the fittest, if someone's using a tumble dryer and left the room drag out their 1/2 dry clothes and leave them in a wet pile, then deny all knowledge of the incident when they return and hear them say "oh it was empty and open when I put my clothes in" :mad:

Don't throw a wobbly if someone has removed your washed clothing from a machine and placed it in a basket. Ditto with the tumble dryers.

do not do the sun lounger thing and put your laundry in a machine and then go away for 3 hours and expect it to still be there.

do NOT remove others items from a machine and throw them on the floor. There should be baskets available. If not ask the crew why.

remember it takes about 45 mins for a wash cycle, return in time

Don't throw a wobbly if someone has removed your washed clothing from a machine and placed it in a basket. Ditto with the tumble dryers.

do not do the sun lounger thing and put your laundry in a machine and then go away for 3 hours and expect it to still be there.

do NOT remove others items from a machine and throw them on the floor. There should be baskets available. If not ask the crew why.

remember it takes about 45 mins for a wash cycle, return in time

Personally, I would have thought all these things to be obvious and simply common courtesy anyway. :)

Archived