NCL sky, jeans and nice blouse for diner

newlu

Yes, you can.

I always dress up, but I don't really begrudge people for wearing jeans or shorts. I always consider two points particularly related to the specialty restaurants:

1) Your servers will be dressed up and will be treating you to a fine dining experience that it more meticulous than a supper club. If you still feel comfortable in jeans, then that's your perogative.

2) LeBistro in particular is a "fancier" specialty restaurant that the rest, IMHO. I think you would feel more comfortable in something dressier there. You an view pics of each restaurant (ok, Le Bistro pic isn't great) by going here: http://www2.ncl.com/cruise-ship/sky/onboard/eat#tab_detail

The Sky, due to its short "weekend getaway" structure, is often more casual overall.

In spite of a few old traditionalists telling you that you should dress up because that is what they do (and really what they want everyone else to do.), Freestyle is about CHOICE. Choice in dress, choice in dining times, choice in tablemates, etc. You are free to dress up any night you want but you are also free to dress casual every night if you want.

Jeans are allowed in all dining venues EXCEPT LeBistro & one of the two main dining rooms. (since both dining rooms serve the same menu, that is not that big a deal.)

Kahki/dockers pants are perfectly fine in all venues including Lebistro. I have never wore more than kahki's, a polo shirt and tennis shoes to ANY meal on any NCL ship and I have eaten in all the venues including LeBistro and Cagney's. (and I never felt out of place in there dressed as I was.) Many people suggest packing one pair of kahki pants and one or two polo shirts and simply changing into them at dinner time each night.

That is what Freestyle is all about....having many of your own choices to make.

Hi,

First time with NCL, doing the Sky, 3 nights only. Can we wear nice jeans/pants with blouse for speciality restaurants, freestyle, I presume less people dressing up?

Thanks

newlu

You can wear jeans in all the restaurants. I was just looking at my Freestyle Dailies from my 4 day Sky and it says "Your favorite nice jeans? They're welcome in all of our restaurants".

In spite of a few old traditionalists telling you that you should dress up because that is what they do (and really what they want everyone else to do.), Freestyle is about CHOICE. Choice in dress, choice in dining times, choice in tablemates, etc. You are free to dress up any night you want but you are also free to dress casual every night if you want.

Jeans are allowed in all dining venues EXCEPT LeBistro & one of the two main dining rooms. (since both dining rooms serve the same menu, that is not that big a deal.)

Kahki/dockers pants are perfectly fine in all venues including Lebistro. I have never wore more than kahki's, a polo shirt and tennis shoes to ANY meal on any NCL ship and I have eaten in all the venues including LeBistro and Cagney's. (and I never felt out of place in there dressed as I was.) Many people suggest packing one pair of kahki pants and one or two polo shirts and simply changing into them at dinner time each night.

That is what Freestyle is all about....having many of your own choices to make.

Jeans were permitted in the LeBistro on our Dawn trip last October. I asked one night as I was planning to wear my levis and the head person told me no problem at all - I was welcome. I wore my Levis in all dining venues and well as the dress up or not nights - no issues from NCL. Your jeans should be presentable, no holes or like some youngins do have the crotch hanging down to your knees exposing the crack of your a--- NCL would/should police that.

I have a Welcome Aboard booklet for an upcoming Sky cruise and it specifically says jeans are permitted in Le Bistro on cruises of more than 5 days. For under 5 days, it allows for shorts.

Thanks for your response, we are 3 women, early 40's, and we know how to dress, just dont want to over dress on a short cruise. Our jeans, are very nice, with nice ''fancy'' blouses, and we will have some skirts and probably a cocktail dress as well, just wanted to make sure we would not be refused in any venue, wearing nice jeans or nice black pants with a blouse. I'm sure it will be fine, its new for us, we have all cruised before, on Royal mostly, Celebrity once, Carnival once. Cant wait to try NCL for our yearly women gateway!

Thanks for all your input!

newlu

Archived