Diamond check in at the port

Some may question the correctnesss of this, but to be honest, when you approach as a group, the nice "line lady" is usually happy to see one Set Sail with Diamond status, and will probably let you all together. If she checks each individual, then so be it. It can be a real pain to split your group and then wait around to reunite.

At many ports, depending on time of day, the D line is little or no advantage anyway.

Agree with both above. The one thing I will add is that if you have the other cabin for your son on your charge account....then you will all be under one set sail pass;) and as long as it's you as the lead person on the expense account, it will have your status.

Well I have no choice but to check in together.

I am Emerald.

g/f is sharing a cabin with me is a Cruise Virgin (plan to change that whilst we are away:p)

Her son and two nephews (15, 15,13) are sharing a cabin and also non-cruisers. I can't have kids checking in so they will come on priority line with us.

I am Emerald.

g/f is sharing a cabin with me is a Cruise Virgin (plan to change that whilst we are away:p)

Her son and two nephews (15, 15,13) are sharing a cabin and also non-cruisers. I can't have kids checking in so they will come on priority line with us.

There's no reason why ALL of you can't check in on the regular line - really not that big a deal and in many cases is even faster. That's what we do whenever DS and his family are traveling with us - we're Diamond and/or in a suite, they're not - it's not such a big deal.

I am Emerald.

Greg - You could be headed for trouble if you have the two 15 yr olds and the 13yr old together in one cabin. I believe you have to be at least 18 to be alone. I am not 100% sure but I think so. Just something to think about.

There's no reason why ALL of you can't check in on the regular line - really not that big a deal and in many cases is even faster. That's what we do whenever DS and his family are traveling with us - we're Diamond and/or in a suite, they're not - it's not such a big deal.

Equally, I always always arrive very early to port, so there is no reason why I can't make use of priority check in, which, last time I was in Malaga port got me on board as the 3rd and 4th passengers on the entire ship :-)

Greg - You could be headed for trouble if you have the two 15 yr olds and the 13yr old together in one cabin. I believe you have to be at least 18 to be alone. I am not 100% sure but I think so. Just something to think about.

Thank you for your thoughts and consideration but no issue whatsoever.

Myself and one of the parents are in the next cabin and this has all been cleared wit Royal Caribbean. In fact I have specified no upgrade whatsoever so that we are in cabins next to each other, but, as I say, thanks for your thoughts

I don't doubt for a minute that there are times at some ports where there is no real difference between the lines. My experience has been that the suite D+, D etc has been much quicker than the regular line. My most recent experience on the Freedom, (we had non D family travelling with us) the priority line was super fast. At Port Canaveral everyone uses the same agents, you just have a short line to wait for an agent. On this sailing there were only 28 D+, 80 D, so there was not a huge demand for the priority line.

There won't be a problem with minors (under 18) in a separate cabin. We have been doing this for a few years now. My Grandson and a friend had their own PR cabin across and down the hall (couldn't get a cabin directly across from us) us in July. Needless to say, the guys weren't disappointed not to be right across from us. We always meet with the cabin steward and tell him/her to let us know if there is a problem with the cabin.

At Port Canaveral everyone uses the same agents, you just have a short line to wait for an agent. On this sailing there were only 28 D+, 80 D, so there was not a huge demand for the priority line.

The same method is used at every port - all the lines, regular and priority, share the same bank of agents. Each line has a "gatekeeper", that sends guests to an open agent. When things work properly, as you have experienced, your gatekeeper for the priority line is vigilent in seeing open agents and sending people there to keep your line short. Surprising, however, how many times we've been in a priority line, and our gatekeeper person was sort of "asleep at the switch", allowing our line to become just as long as non-priority lines.

Archived