RCI - Blue Lagoon & Sea Lions

sweet angel

Will be on the Majesty in November and saw the excursion for the Blue Lagoon SeaLion adventure. Thought it looked great/fun at $115 (ship price). However, looked at the Blue Lagoon website and saw that the Sea Lion experience is $80 and for another $32 you can add a "beach day package".

Wondering if the ship excursion is ONLY the sea lion adventure and no beach time?

I'd much prefer to pay the money for a full day booked privately (understanding that we'd need to take a taxi or water taxi over to the Paradise Island Ferry dock for the transportation).

Getting back to the ship in time for departure isn't an issue since we're there from 8:30am - 11:59pm.

Has anyone done this privately, rather than thru the ship?

Will be on the Majesty in November and saw the excursion for the Blue Lagoon SeaLion adventure. Thought it looked great/fun at $115 (ship price). However, looked at the Blue Lagoon website and saw that the Sea Lion experience is $80 and for another $32 you can add a "beach day package".

Wondering if the ship excursion is ONLY the sea lion adventure and no beach time?

I'd much prefer to pay the money for a full day booked privately (understanding that we'd need to take a taxi or water taxi over to the Paradise Island Ferry dock for the transportation).

Getting back to the ship in time for departure isn't an issue since we're there from 8:30am - 11:59pm.

Has anyone done this privately, rather than thru the ship?

I haven't done Blue Lagoon but want to. The times of the Ferry's don't work for my sailing. Just remember, you dock at 8:30am so you won't be able to catch the shuttle until 10:30am. I'm sure if you call RCI, they can tell you what the excursion consist of. Good Luck

I haven't done Blue Lagoon but want to. The times of the Ferry's don't work for my sailing. Just remember, you dock at 8:30am so you won't be able to catch the shuttle until 10:30am. I'm sure if you call RCI, they can tell you what the excursion consist of. Good Luck

Where did you find a schedule for the ferry? I haven't had any luck with that.

Where did you find a schedule for the ferry? I haven't had any luck with that.

You have to go into reservations. I copied this from their website

The boat departure dock/check-in area is located at the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal (One Marina Drive), which is the only building between the two bridges on Paradise Island. It is within 5-10 minutes walking distance of several major hotels on Paradise Island and is located across the street from Atlantis. We recommend that you check-in 30-minutes before your departure time.

Our boats depart for Blue Lagoon Island at 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Our boats depart from Blue Lagoon Island at: 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.

When I called they told me that they have a Ferry at 12:30pm that isn't listed on their website. Depending what time you can get off the boat and take a taxi to the Terminal, you would have to be there by 10am to catch the 10:30am boat. Could be doable for you. For me, we arrive in Nassau at 10am so I would have to wait until the 12:30 ferry, giving me about 3 hrs on the island until the last ferry back. I wish they had ferrys running every hour or coincide with the cruise ship arrivals.

Good luck and enjoy if you get to go.

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking if we can get off the ship by 9ish, and get right over to the Ferry Terminal, we should be there well before 30 minutes before the 10:30 trip. Then maybe if I decide to book on my own, rather than thru the ship, we can do the sea lion experience that coincides with the 1:30 shuttle and then take the 4:00 ferry back to the terminal.

I'm going to have to call them, I guess, because I thought I saw that the actual "experience is only 30 minutes? Maybe I read it wrong, but for a 3-hour tour (::singing:: a 3 hour tour ::singing -- sorry), 50 minutes shuttle time, and then a half hour experience does leave SOME time on the beach...but not much.

Thanks again, and I'll definitely post here afterwards if we decide to do this (I think we will).

If the ships excursion included beach time it would tell you. The add on for the beach is awesome. It is such a nice private area.

We booked separately one time and we didn't have any problems. Reserved online and took a cab to their ferry and off we went...did the dolphins and spend the rest of the afternoon at the beach.

When they say 30 minutes that is the time you are in the water with the sea lions. There is an orientation and the boat ride to and from and the wait for the orientation to start...so that makes sense...then of course they show you the pictures and videos you can buy...

If the ships excursion included beach time it would tell you. The add on for the beach is awesome. It is such a nice private area.

It would really just depend on the amount of time you have on the island. Anyone who purchases an animal program, whether it's the sea lions or dolphins, are entitled to use the beach for free.

This does not include food or water toys, but you can enjoy the chairs, hammocks, lagoon and walk around the island.

if you want to purchase food, you can buy a token at the bar. I think it's $12.

The question becomes, am I on the island long enough to use the beach before or after the program, or are you skirted off the island by the cruise tour.

I wasn't actually planning to book the excursion through the ship. I was just kind of wondering if it was worth it to add the extra beach day. We can get ourselves to the Ferry Terminal and back, although I'm not crazy about the fact that the ferries are so infrequent, like if we got bored and were just done...we're stuck til 4.

Archived