Bonaventure Resort and Spa Ft Lauderdale

tuggers

Priceline lists this as a 3* property and maybe it was at one time. Now, however, it is undergoing renovation and is a PIT! We stayed there the night of 3/21/05. To get into the building we had to dodge a dumpster, construction material, a golf cart and piles of lumber and concrete blocks, Getting off the elevator on the 4th floor of bldg 4 we were greeted with bare, scaped concrete, gutted rooms with open doors, plywood leaning against walls and a broken sink in the hall. The room itself was clean and had a pretty comfortable bed. It also had about a zillion mosquitos and a tub from the 70's. Every 20 minutes or so there was a noise like a sonic boom coming from the adjoining room. Oh yeah, as soon as 7am got there the construction guys came and there was no more ice because they all filled their ice chests! Not worth the $90 we paid and certainly not worth the $150 they list as their lowest price.

It was awful! I just don't want anyone else to be as disappointed as we were.

Gail

Now, however, it is undergoing renovation and is a PIT!

Bad timing. When the construction is complete this property will be outstanding once again.

When booking in advance its difficult sometimes to anticipate if there's any renovations going on. Both the Sheraton Yankee Trader/Clipper and the Hyatt Pier 66 have plans for major renovations. Best bet, call ahead before booking.

Bequia,

I understand that it 'will be outstanding once again', but my concern is for NOW!!

I used Priceline so did not call hotel directly. I did, however, take pictures, and after seeing those, Priceline refunded my money. It truly was AWFUL! PL says they violated an agreement they had to not put quests in bldgs being renovated.

Archived