Allure Review, Pictures and Other Great Information: Aug 7, 2011 Sailing

This is a great picture showing Schooner Bar on Deck 6 and across from Schooner Bar is Focus (the Photography Gallery)...directly below Schooner Bar is Guest Services and the Royal Promenade...what you are seeing directly in front of Guest Services is the area where the Rising Tide Bar lands when it decends from Central Park on Deck 8

Our cabin was just a short distance to Focus on Deck 6...

thanks to cruiser darthgrady for this wonderful shot...

P1010223.jpg

Thanks for the great pics and review. We are on the W.Carib segment in Feb...our entertainment reservations opened up yesterday which is over 100 days out! Lots to see and do and your review helps get the orientation down quite well. Thanks again.

Thanks for the great pics and review. We are on the W.Carib segment in Feb...our entertainment reservations opened up yesterday which is over 100 days out! Lots to see and do and your review helps get the orientation down quite well. Thanks again.

You are welcome CRUIS4ME. So glad it is helping you and thanks so much for stopping by and posting something.

So what days and shows did you choose?

I have a question regarding the shows. In looking at the list of shows I counted only 5 diffrent one. Do they have diffrent shows for every night of the cruise?

Thanks

Hi lannie180: that's a great question...the shows are repeated...this gives everyone a chance to see them at least once during their cruise..once your reservations open, for your cruise, you will see the days each of the shows are offered..

Hi lannie180: that's a great question...the shows are repeated...this gives everyone a chance to see them at least once during their cruise..once your reservations open' date=' for your cruise, you will see the days each of the shows are offered..[/quote']

Usually each cruise have a different show every single night. This one I see only 5 of them. Do they have other shows that you don't need to book in advance? Or these are the only one?

Also the pictures are GREAT

Usually each cruise have a different show every single night. This one I see only 5 of them. Do they have other shows that you don't need to book in advance? Or these are the only one?

Also the pictures are GREAT

Hi lannie180: You can choose a different show every night...We included the Comedy Show on one day and and that made 6 shows for us...we decided that Saturday (Day 7) every one would probably be packing so we would leave that one open...even on Day 7 there were plenty of choices

below is a link to see how we scheduled our shows:

Click to see our Daily Shows and Chops Reservation

hope that helps....glad you are enjoying the pictures

Hey! What happened ...these replace pics from my missing Nov 2 posts...oops!! sorry..I think maybe I deleted some pics in Photobucket and moved them to another album....

just getting use to Photobucket...previously I used Webshots and discovered that Photobucket has better quality for posting to other sites...you may can tell a difference in some of my earlier posts.....

Day 2 Evening - First Formal Night

me and one of my sisters dressed to impress :p

IMG_2363.jpg

Oceanaria was the show that we chose to

reserve for that night

IMG_2382.jpg

we chose to sit down low in the Aqua Threatre

rather than view the performance

from one of the "secret" balconies

IMG_2381.jpg

Day 3 started out with me going to the Fitness Center and then to our Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle in Dazzles...this was a chance to meet all the folks we had been corresponding with over the last year or so....

once you have your thread established you should get as many people as possible to go and register for the Meet & Mingle for your sailing...when you have 25 people registered it's a go and you can then wait to receive a confirmation email from RCCL that it has been scheduled and the date, time and place will also be in the email

Once on board you will receive an invitation to the M&M in your stateroom...if you don't please go to Guest Services and check on it...this invite will also have the date, time and place...

for those who wanted to participate we had a gift exchange...you just had to bring something that represented your country/city/state/town to participate...RCCL was there to talk about a few of the services on board and they also served a continental breakfast and gave away some prizesand each of us got a Lanyard that had a little notebook and a pen and place for your name

it was a well attended event and it was great meeting the folks from our CC Thread....the RCCL photographer took a group shot but this is one of the pic that was missing from our pic CD and we forgot to check on it...here's the one we took with our camera

100_1937.jpg

Here are links to the Compasses for Ages 3-11 and 15-17...somehow I missed the 12 -14 group...sorry...

Click here for Allure Compass for Ages 3 to 11

Click here for Allure Compass for Ages 15 to 17

First of all thanks so much for all the information's and pictures it is great.

Do you by any chance have the Compass for adults?

First of all thanks so much for all the information's and pictures it is great.

Do you by any chance have the Compass for adults?

You are welcome lannie180.. glad you are enjoying the review and the pics...here are links to the Compasses for Adults

Compass Day 1' date=' Sunday August 7, 2011[/b']

ok Folks here it is, this is for all the Type A's out there (of which I am one...haha)... :p :cool:

Click here: Compass Day 1_Allure_ Sunday, Aug 8, 2011

- Details of all there is to see and do on Day 1

- Ship info

- Openings and closings of all venues

- Entertainment highlights

- ETC! ETC! ETC! LOL

- Page 5 and 6 are what you can carry in your pocket/purse as a mini version so you will have at your fingertips all the happenings around the ship...invariably people ask at dinner, what's happening tonight? I pull out the Compass and Bam! the info is readily available....:p

Enjoy!!!

now on to day 2 in Nassau..

here are links to Day 2's Compass' date=' Specials and the Evening Planner for your perusal...[/b']bbl :cool:

Click for Allure Day 2 Compass_Nassau_Mon, 8_8_11

Allure Day 2 Evening Planner_Mon, 8_8_11

Allure Day 2 Compass_Specials, Mon, 8_8_11

Get ready for Day 3 - got more to post of Day 2 including a great night at Dazzles with a Soul Train Line...

Day 3 August 9' date=' 2011 Cruise Compass Links:

Click for Allure Day 3 Compass 8_9_2011

Click for Allure Day 3 Compass 8_9_2011_ Evening Planner

Click for Allure Day 3 Compass 8_9_2011_Specials

Click here for Allure 8_10_11 Compass Day 4

Click here for Allure 8_11_11 Compass Day 5

Click here for Allure 8_12_11 Compass Day 6

Click here for Allure 8_13_11 Compass Day 7

One more thing please :-) you had the 6 PM dinning and went to the shows at 9 PM Did you have enough time in between including all the things going on the promenade? Or is it better to see the shows at 10:30 ?

Hi lannie180:

Actually not all of our shows were at 9:00 pm...one show was at 8:00 pm and one was at 8:30 pm.....

we don't like to go to the late shows, if we can avoid it as we tend to fall asleep if it is not an active activity in the evening...haha...also we prefer not to allow too much time in between dinner and the show as the bed might call our name and well, then, there goes the evening...haha...this is how we missed The Quest...a story for later in the week...:rolleyes:...since you really should reserve before sailing I think it's great that you are perusal the Compasses now...hopefully things won't change much and you can decide if you want to do something early and then go to your show later or not...the best part is there is so much to do it's great having choices..

I hate when I'm cruising and the carpet is rolled up and it's lights out at 10pm cause there is nobody any where to be found...haha...

After our Meet and Mingle on of the cruisers invited us to her Skyloft Suite for a tour..It was Fabulous! see my posts on Septemeber 16th for the review and pictures of that tour...

I love visiting different Ports that is one reason why Cruising is such great fun...but I love Sea Days as well...especially when you ahve such a wonderful ship as Ms. Allure is...there are activitied for everyone and today we took part or witnessed quite a few of them...including:

Scrapbooking

FlashMob dance classes

Designer Watch and Gold by the Inch sale

Poolside Music with Mega 4

DreamWork Appearances Photo Opps

tour of the ship for some photo opps

First Diamond Event

and sooooo much more and this was all before Dinner...LOL

We started the day wiht Breakfast in the windjammer...you really have to pick your times in the WJ but the main thing is just get your table then get your meal...haha.....we were all over the place today so we had breakfast and luch in the WJ...I can always find somethng to eat in the WJ...

here are a few pics from Day 3 Daytime Activities...

you can see the equipment and beginning of the Zipline in this picture...

100_1990.jpg

100_1993.jpg

100_1997.jpg

100_2003.jpg

100_2010.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I always do the scrapbooking classes when I sail…RCCL has it and CCL does too…Allure has an actual room for scrapbooking (and other activities like Jewelry making) this is a new room for the ships...(the Explorer’s Academy next to Adventure Ocean)

also, they no longer give you the cutouts that they have done ahead of time for you, they actually have a scrapbook kit that you get, it contains a lot of cutouts and paper and everything you would need to make a few pages related to your cruise, this time they had 2 that they let us choose from, I went to both classes so I could get one of each…and then you can use their scrapbooking tools to make more things that you can use… (Formal Night, Sailaway, and I can’t remember the third one right now) …one thing I didn’t like though is time...10:30 was a bit hard to get to but I made it!

they also have a lot of scrapbook packages that you can buy...it was very hard for me to walk away without buying the one for Shrek, they also had other Dreamworks Kits as well as a lot of other Cruise Kits...I just wasn't sure what else we were going to purchase this cruise so I didn't want to spend $100 in Scrapabook Kits..:o

2541669340063272275S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks

You are the BEST !!!!!!!!!:) because of you we will all go knowing what to do or expect

lannie180 thank you soooooo much for posting...I really appreciate it...I enjoy posting reviews but I must admit sometimes it gets a little lonely and you wonder if any one is getting anything out of it...thank you for letting me know it's not in vain :cool:...

things are very hectic right now...as I'm sure it is for everyone else as well...but stay tuned...more to come...

lannie180 when are you actually sailing?

lannie180 thank you soooooo much for posting...I really appreciate it...I enjoy posting reviews but I must admit sometimes it gets a little lonely and you wonder if any one is getting anything out of it...thank you for letting me know it's not in vain :cool:...

things are very hectic right now...as I'm sure it is for everyone else as well...but stay tuned...more to come...

lannie180 when are you actually sailing?

I'm trying to go B2B on 4-24-12/5-13-12 I have D5 balcony but to tell you the truth it is so expensive to do 2 of them. (trying to save on a flight from LA). I checked Nov. or Dec. and I can save about 1,000 I'm just not sure how the weather will be as far as rain and being cold. Do you have an idea if the weather is much better in May or almost the same in Nov. or Dec? I would hate to push it back again but if I must...I know you are busy now for the holidays so just answer when you get a chance. I would truly appreciate it.

I'm trying to go B2B on 4-24-12/5-13-12 I have D5 balcony but to tell you the truth it is so expensive to do 2 of them. (trying to save on a flight from LA). I checked Nov. or Dec. and I can save about 1,000 I'm just not sure how the weather will be as far as rain and being cold. Do you have an idea if the weather is much better in May or almost the same in Nov. or Dec? I would hate to push it back again but if I must...I know you are busy now for the holidays so just answer when you get a chance. I would truly appreciate it.

Hi lannie180:

Wow! a B2B at any time would be Fantastic...IMHO the weather will be about the same in May as it is in Nov/Dec...I would suggest you check weather.com to get a true picture of the average temperatures for those times of the year...I have sailed to the Caribbean in May and I have sailed in Nov/Dec and have had great sun shining weather in both cases...that is a big savings...hope that helps

Ran across this the other day when I was cleaning out a travel bag...

as I said before you will know before you go as they will send you and email and you should get the invite in your cabin to confirm it...if you don't, just go to Guest Services and they will let you know all the details...

Click for : Allure_Meet and Mingle Invitation

Wow, I just read all 20 pages!!!! I think it took three hours, but it was well worth it. Up until this point, I had not found many pics of the Allure. Yours were awesome! We are so excited to jump aboard a week after our wedding. We were hoping to get married on the Oasis but fiance's mom wouldn't come. So we are getting married at home and flying south as quick as possible to get on the Allure instead! We were engaged on the Independence a couple years ago, so this just seems fitting! My mom and stepdad are coming aboard as well, Mom is freaked out by the 6000 people thing. I think that she is going to love it - ecspecially central park! I'm sure my step dad will love the hot dogs!!! Thanks again for the awesome review!!!

Amber

Wow, I just read all 20 pages!!!! I think it took three hours, but it was well worth it. Up until this point, I had not found many pics of the Allure. Yours were awesome! We are so excited to jump aboard a week after our wedding. We were hoping to get married on the Oasis but fiance's mom wouldn't come. So we are getting married at home and flying south as quick as possible to get on the Allure instead! We were engaged on the Independence a couple years ago, so this just seems fitting! My mom and stepdad are coming aboard as well, Mom is freaked out by the 6000 people thing. I think that she is going to love it - ecspecially central park! I'm sure my step dad will love the hot dogs!!! Thanks again for the awesome review!!!

Amber

Hi Amber:

Thanks so much for stopping by! Sorry for just responding to you. I have more to write but things have been crazy busy lately in all areas of my life so I haven't had a chance to get back to it yet. Hope you come back for more.

Wow what a great time you will have to celebrate. First your wedding and then Ms. ALLURE.. That is an Awesome TREAT!!! CONGRADULATIONS!!!! And I'm glad you enjoyed the review so far.

Archived