Allure Review, Pictures and Other Great Information: Aug 7, 2011 Sailing

Thanks! We actually invited all of our wedding guests to join us as well ( I made a card for the Allure and included it in the invites ) Not sure if anyone else is going to come, but was worth a shot to enjoy it with as many people as we can!

Sounds like a great idea. Hopefully some of them will take you up on your offer. I think that would just be sooooo cool!

Awesome review ILuvCruisin'. DH have been booked since Sept 2010 for Apr 2012 to celebrate 20th anniversary. We are finally getting closer to departure and I am so excited.

BTW - Is there anyone that has any info on the ipod stations? Is there certain models that will work with it or can other mp3 players be used with appropriate cord.

what were the temperatures like during your August cruise, both on ship and at ports? We are booked on the Allure - Western - July29, 2012. We have cruised before in the summer and the heat did not bother us.... Just curious if the Boardwalk and Central Park were too hot to enjoy?

• 4 weeks later...

I sailed in August...

Actually this was my only complaint...this ship was hot...maybe hot is too strong a word.

Because, Im always hot...but I asked a few people and they thought the ship was hot.

I mean even in the dining room...

I assume because the ship is so wide open.

If your ez to sweat, I advise bringing a lil cloth with you...

Outside was actually was a lil better, cause you have the constant sea breeze...(still warm)

Dont get me wrong I will cruise on the Allure again...but I will bring extra batteries for my lil portable fan...lol

ILovCruisin and Bucket

I've just completed the full thread and LOVED it! The daily schedule, pictures and bylines were wonderful. Thanks SO much for providing such detail accounts of your cruise experience on Ms. ALURE. My daughter (10) and I will cruise spring break April '12 and look forward to enjoying this beautiful ship.

ILuvCrusin':

Thanks for the great information. I don't sail on Allure until November, but I'm a bit OCD and trying to survive a cold winter in Western New York State, so I've been warming up by reading about the Allure. I am so excited - don't know how I'll wait the 10 months I have til I sail!

• 2 weeks later...
We were in a Balcony' date=' Deck 6, Cabin 6686, Aft, great location...not too far from an elevator, around the corner from the Boardwalk so every day we saw the carousel, one deck down was Guest Services and the promenade, Schooner bar and the photo shop were steps away, a few decks down to 3 was the Adagio Main Dining Room and the elevator up to Windjammer, Deck 16 (I think) was also just steps away

Can't tell you what not to do as we enjoyed every thing we tried, Balcony pics later...[/quote'].

Thank you. I'm considering booking deck 6 balcony cabin. It seems like it would be a good location but I wasn't sure if the entrance was actually on the boardwalk or around the corner.

Ipod docks were on clock radio. Fit all versions that I've found.

We cruised the middle of October. I felt like the temperature was comfortable everywhere on the ship. Never cold or hot while inside.

My sister used the wifi internet and said it was worse than dial-up. Took forever to get a connection...meanwhile your being charged. She had to check in with her company and said most of the time was waiting for page to load and connecting.

I am soo ready to get another cruise booked.

Archived