? re Travel agent OBC

Mimmers

Since we are first time cruisers I have been trying to read as much as possible. Firstly I want to thank you all for your input, it's be invaluable. I have learn so much without every stepping onto a cruise ship. ($20.00 a bag laundry will work for us! ;))

If understand correctly the OBC credit from the travel agent (I will bring along the paper from the travel agency to insure it is acknowleged :)) is only accessible once the ship has left port. If I book a bottle of wine now it would be instantly charged to my credit card. If we wait until we have boarded the ship we can use the charge against our credit. So have I got it right?

I booked the Pinnacle before the price increase. (see I have learned a few things and their were timely!)

p.s. I will also be bringing a power cord, and a music player so we can have our own atmosphere in our cabin while recharging our camera!

I was wondering if it's advantage (perhaps tax wise) to only book once at see to save money? Thinking "International Water" should not be taxed but I could be wrong.

You're correct that anything you purchase before your cruise will be charged to a credit card immediately. To use the on-board credit from your TA, you have to spend it on the ship. But don't worry about that! You will have a hotel service charge that the credit can be used against. Don't wait to purchase something that may be sold out before you board.

It depends on which US port you are sailing from as to whether or not there's a sales tax. To be sure you don't pay that tax, purchases in advance should be delivered "at sea" (even though they will most likely be delivered before that). In some ports, drinks, etc, sold before you reach international waters do carry a sales tax, yes.

Archived