Two questions regarding Ocean Suites.

stargate fan

Hey, everyone. Happy Friday!

I have a couple of questions regarding OS. I'm taking my mom on a get-away-from-it-all cruise on Destiny for a few days. Dad passed away a year ago, we unveiled his headstone this week, and today would have been their 52nd wedding anniversary. She needs a break from life.

1) Does anyone know why OS's don't qualify for past guest rates? Other balcony cabins are still showing up as Past Guest rate applicable.

2) What is the VIP process like in Miami? DH and I have have sailed from POM many times, but only as pions. :p This will be my first VIP boarding.

Thanks for any info.

I am not for sure but it could have to do with how close the cruise is. When we were looking at booking all of the cabins were available for past guest rates. Then a few days went by and none of them were. So maybe you're too close, or maybe they are selling through? That's sweet for you to take your mom on a getaway. :)

Miami has a nice lounge (small) and you present your papers to them, sit down and they call you when they get you checked in. The last time they served lemonade and cookies. It has been the nicest and most efficient VIP bording I have found. I do not know why no past guest rate. I am booked in an OS for Alaska but used ES so I am no help there!

1) Does anyone know why OS's don't qualify for past guest rates? Other balcony cabins are still showing up as Past Guest rate applicable..

Its not a matter of one category or another not qualifying for any particular rate, its what Carnival thinks they need to push to sell more of. Maybe there are not many OS left on the ship or they will use what is left to upsell? rather than reduce the price.

Archived