Your favorite place to eat in Cabo

terjul

Tee Hee! HH got beat up! (just kidding, of course.)

Never argue with an expert, House Hunter!

My bride and I will be at Rip's in 32 days. Perhaps we'll meet up, and do a Cabo search for hamburger tacos?

I would love to meet with a hooligan for hamburger tacos anyday! Lol! Maybe we can talk Javier into adding them to the menu!:)

Taco Bell? Don't remember making a reference to that or tacos at all. My point was hamburger in any Mexican meal; specifically enchiladas in this case, does not make it authentic or not. Yes I have been to Mexico and I said my family came from there. An expert..no. But my opinion not expertise is what I am sharing. Carry on :)

Taco Bell? Don't remember making a reference to that or tacos at all. My point was hamburger in any Mexican meal; specifically enchiladas in this case, does not make it authentic or not. Yes I have been to Mexico and I said my family came from there. An expert..no. But my opinion not expertise is what I am sharing. Carry on :)

We've been traveling to Cabo for ten days at a time, twice a year, for a while now.

We love finding new places to eat. So many great places, darned few poor places. We've never seen ground beef in anything that we have ordered, or in anything served to those around us. I suspect that we have just not gone to the right places. We love the food, the service, and the people of Cabo, and probably will soon find a way to spend a month (or more) there at a time.

Just sayin'

First I must apologize for the "give me a break" entrance into this thread. When I am wrong I say so. It was a bad day I admit. I meant no harm in defending food I was taught to make from my family's heritage and background. Now having said that with an apology...please accept this opinion. Cabo is a tourist town/American driven to make money. I love it. I am an American first having been born in San Francisco. If you want authentic Mexican food, however, go to a non-tourist place like Oaxaca...or my house! Cabo is not a typical Mexican town or city IMHO. Do I love non-authentic Mexican food. YES!!!

• 1 month later...

We finally got a chance to try Gordo Lele's tacos and they are delicious! It's a very small place and from the looks of it you might not want to go inside, but he was very gracious and a fair priced good meal!

On another note, we stopped by Soloman's Landing for a margarita. OH MY, those were the worst margaritas we have ever had!! One on the rocks, the other blended. Not sure what they had in it, but it didn't taste anything at all like tequila or a regular margarita. We left both drinks mostly full and paid the $7 and left. Another person we saw later on the ship also complained about their margaritas. We'd recommend avoiding it.. no wonder the place was mostly empty.

Edited by cardqb

Are you a person who texts alot?

First I must apologize for the "give me a break" entrance into this thread. When I am wrong I say so. It was a bad day I admit. I meant no harm in defending food I was taught to make from my family's heritage and background. Now having said that with an apology...please accept this opinion. Cabo is a tourist town/American driven to make money. I love it. I am an American first having been born in San Francisco. If you want authentic Mexican food, however, go to a non-tourist place like Oaxaca...or my house! Cabo is not a typical Mexican town or city IMHO. Do I love non-authentic Mexican food. YES!!!

Yes, Cabo is a tourist town. However, there are locals there living the mexican life. Many of these work in the restaurants and bars in Cabo and have brought authentic food to Cabo.

We finally got a chance to try Gordo Lele's tacos and they are delicious! It's a very small place and from the looks of it you might not want to go inside, but he was very gracious and a fair priced good meal!

On another note, we stopped by Soloman's Landing for a margarita. OH MY, those were the worst margaritas we have ever had!! One on the rocks, the other blended. Not sure what they had in it, but it didn't taste anything at all like tequila or a regular margarita. We left both drinks mostly full and paid the $7 and left. Another person we saw later on the ship also complained about their margaritas. We'd recommend avoiding it.. no wonder the place was mostly empty.

We too have always been "underwhelmed" by Soloman's Landing. What irritates me the most is the Time Share sharks that work there. Twice, we have had one actually sit at our table while we were eating and try to sell us a timeshare. We still do occasionally eat there, but try to sit at the bar (where there is a "special" lower cost menu for those at the bar.)

As for their maggies, I agree, not exactly one to write home about.

All that being said, Captain Tony's is our favorite place on the Marina, but unfortunately, their maggies aren't very good, either. Everything else is great (IMHO) about Captain Tony's however. If nothing else, try Captain Tony's pizza. The best (by far) that we have found in Cabo.

Edited by downsized
cain't spel

The best margaritas in Cabo, IMHO, are at Monkey Business down the street from the Giggling Marlin, across from Taco Loco.

I don't even like margaritas and I drink these. One is not enough and two is too many.

We've heard that too, but on our last trip (Halloween), the bartender at Monkey Business must have been having a bad day. Not at all friendly, and the maggie did not meet our expectations. My favorite maggies (to date) are at Rip's...but in the interests of full disclosure....Rip's is my second favorite place in all of Cabo.

We've heard that too, but on our last trip (Halloween), the bartender at Monkey Business must have been having a bad day. Not at all friendly, and the maggie did not meet our expectations. My favorite maggies (to date) are at Rip's...but in the interests of full disclosure....Rip's is my second favorite place in all of Cabo.

They have been training a new bartender, so you may have had the unfortunate incident of getting him. The good bartenders are David and Victor. I hope you'll try again. Victor works the night shift and he is definitely fun and friendly.

Actually, I was being kind. The bartender was an a$$, and I do not make that kind of statement lightly. It was unfortunate, but I don't need it, I can stay at home and be treated like that! :D

Well then, their loss.:cool: I'll try the one at Rip's when I'm there in December. I like the one's at Monkey Business because everything is squeezed, there is no pre-mix and they tend to be sweeter than most, which is why I don't normally drink margaritas.

I have yet to have a good margarita in Mexico anywhere. Most are made from a mix and use Sprite. Not good at all.

I have yet to have a good margarita in Mexico anywhere. Most are made from a mix and use Sprite. Not good at all.

Not the one's at Monkey Business. It takes him 10 minutes to make one because it's all fresh squeezed fruit. I'm going to try Rip's this time around based on Downsized's recommendation. He says they are even better.

You have been going to all of the wrong places! Maybe touristy chain restaurants make them that way but there are tons of restaurants in Cabo that make them from scratch. Tequila, orange liquor and lots of fresh sqeezed limes!

Monkey Business does make all of their drinks from scratch including the pina coladas with fresh coconut and pineapple. Yes, they take awhile to make but the show itself is part of the fun. I especially love the pomegrante margaritas there- yum!

Edited by househunter

Felixs has some pretty good margaritas (Mama's Royal Cafe by day) and I have yet to find a bloody mary that beats Mama's. Also the food is authenic as it gets in this tourist town ;)

Edited by gfy012

Monkey Business does make all of their drinks from scratch including the pina coladas with fresh coconut and pineapple. Yes, they take awhile to make but the show itself is part of the fun. I especially love the pomegrante margaritas there- yum!

I think I might have to go there next Tuesday.:D The Pina Colada sounds good.

Not the one's at Monkey Business. It takes him 10 minutes to make one because it's all fresh squeezed fruit. I'm going to try Rip's this time around based on Downsized's recommendation. He says they are even better.

No, no, no....What I said is that the one and only maggie that I have ever ordered at Monkey Business was "less" than expected. Too many folks rave about their maggies for me to base a conclusion on one drink, one bartender. The main complaint that I had at Monkey Business was the bartender with a burr in his shorts.

Folks have raved too, about the maggies at Cabo Blue. Good maggies, but my tastes like those at Rips' better.

I think I know which bartender you are talking about and his problem is he is 23 and knows everything.:rolleyes:

Just came back from our cruise. Didn't mind the wait for the Pina Colada at Monkey Business. Thanks for the recommendation. It was very good.

The bartender we had was good, but he kept going to the other shops in the plaza instead of staying by the bar. Someone in my group had to get him so she could get another drink, but we found him to be friendly to everyone at the bar.

Just came back from our cruise. Didn't mind the wait for the Pina Colada at Monkey Business. Thanks for the recommendation. It was very good.

The bartender we had was good, but he kept going to the other shops in the plaza instead of staying by the bar. Someone in my group had to get him so she could get another drink, but we found him to be friendly to everyone at the bar.

It must have been David. He is young and needs to be whipped into shape, but he does make a mean Pina Colada!

Sorry I missed you, I'm here now, and life is good today.:D

It must have been David. He is young and needs to be whipped into shape, but he does make a mean Pina Colada!

Sorry I missed you, I'm here now, and life is good today.:D

He convinced me to have mine with banana. Yum.

Sorry we missed you by a week also.