Carnival Miracle Help?

lisas414

I can only vouch for the Miracle as I've never sailed on NCL. When deciding on our last cruise, we knew we wanted to sail from NY and out of all the various choices Carnival provided (in my opinion) a much better itinerary compared to the others. I loved the Miracle and if you read any of the threads and posts here on CC you'll see that is the general consensus.. she's a much loved ship, so much so that we're doing an exact repeat next year. Hope that helps somewhat ;)

I have been on 12 cruises but never sailed NCL so can't help you there.

I have though sailed Miracle 2X! We sailed Miracle in April of this year out of Fort Lauderdale and did a Southern Itinerary and LOVED this ship, staff, itin. The ship is so well laid out. Always found a deck chair, food and service was fabulous. We loved sailing out of FLL as always. We had her booked for New Years but circumstances came about that we could not sail in December so we moved that booking forward and hopped right back on Miracle on June 23rd and sailed out of New York. Once again we loved the ship, service and everything. I did not care for sailing out of NY though. Glad that I have now done but found it brought different folks from different strokes. Nothing mean intended by that as I am from New England but just really like the whole vibe of sailing from FL.

Miracle is an amazing ship and I honestly can't say one bad thing about it, not one.

In April we sailed with friends who have sailed every line and been on many cruises. They did not care for their first CCL cruise but gave CCL another chance and totally fell in love with Miracle!!

Good Luck and happy sailing!

Cannot comment on Norwegian but I loved the Miracle. It's a Spirit class ship which was overwhelmingly voted the favorite class on Carnival by a recent unscientific poll on these boards. The layout is great. Not overwhelming big and never feels crowded. Part of the reason why I booked the Legend in November (Spirit class as well)

Did the Miracle to Panama a few years back, the decor is not so over the top Farcus like some other CCL ships. I'm guessing you'll be cruising from the NY port, that in itself is a treat going down the Hudson past the new Freedom Towers and Statue of Liberty. NCL and CCL use adjacent piers right next to the Intrepid so site is not important. Most comments say that CCL food is better than NCL, so that could be a factor. What about price & itinerary?

Hope you posted this on NCL board also to get balanced viewpoints.

We were on the Miracle in July and it was awesome! It was a very nice ship and the staff was great. It was a spectacular ride going out of NY, I am glad that I did it even if I don't get a chance to go on the Miracle again.

I don't think you can go wrong with the Miracle, not sure about NCL.

Karen

Was on the Miracle last November (2010) My first cruise in MANY years. It was a great ship, not fancy, just loads of fun. We loved the staff and our room was an ocean view, very clean. Food was good and plentiful! have nothing to compare it to, but I can highly recommend it. Good Luck and Bon Voyage!!

We have been on Ncl and the Carnival Miracle and had a great time on all three cruises. The Miracle is our favorite ship so I would choose the Miracle. It is easy to navigate around, everything is in close proximity to Lido Deck, the main theater and the restaurants. The crew is fantastic and the cruise director, Malcolm Burn, is one of the best cd's on any of our cruises. Have a great trip on whichever ship you choose.:D

I have sailed on both Norwegian (Dawn-2006 and Jewel-last year) and the Miracle. Actually just got off the Miracle 2 days ago. While we loved the Miracle....it's a great ship, great food, great service, etc. I actually have to give my vote towards Norwegian. I'm really not sure why though. LOL There really was NOTHING wrong with Carnival or the Miracle. We truly enjoyed every minute of it. So you really won't go wrong either way.

I'm thinking it might be because Norwegian was our first cruise and that one always sticks out in your mind, ya know? But we've been on Norwegian twice, RC once, Disney once, Carnival once and so far, Norwegian has my vote.

Archived