First Time Cruiser on Fascination--Did I make the right call?

lag2a1979

DH and I are going on our first cruise in Oct. I've checked the fares for months hoping for a price drop and called my "big box" TA because it finally looked like I might have one!

Long story short, no OBC for me, but they did offer a free upgrade from U12 (porthole) to R236 (OV 6A). I took it.

Did I make the right call? Keep in mind that it is our first cruise, so I really won't know the difference ;); I guess I just need some piece of mind!

I searched the boards but couldn't really find anything that made me feel better (or worse for that matter!)

Thanks CC-ers for helping me plan the perfect anniversary!!!

On Fascination, fantasy class the insides and OVs are the same size. If it was Destiny class or higher, you would have a larger cabin, which would be more of a plus.

Iv been in the same situation where I took a so so upgrade because I could not get OBC.

the port holes are nice but so far forward they can be noisy if the weather is rough and waves hitting the hull and early morning docking... so you probably got a quieter cabin.

You'll like the Riviera Deck (Deck 6). You definitely made the right call with the oceanview window.

Enjoy your first cruise! My DH and I went on the Fascination in June. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Kathy

Thanks!! Feeling better all ready :)

I'm sure that any cabin on ship is still better than nothing!

We are very excited. Just hoping that HMC doesn't get cancelled since it is in Oct. We booked a cabana!

Fascination is an amazing ship!! Not sure which itinerary you have but we love HMC! :D

EDIT: Just seen yours does include HMC!! Beautiful port, our favorite!

That is what we are the most excited about. I was stunned when DH (who is notoriously cheap) suggested getting a cabana...and so glad we could book it online!

This is my OV on Riveria deck on Elation, same class of ships. There is a nice desk and the three section closet where Im standing to take the picture. We are parked in the port, and you can see its right outside the window.

Picture062-2.jpg

Thanks for the pic! I am even more excited now and I didn't think that was possible :D

I think you made a great choice! DH and I had a porthole room on our last cruise, upper deck as well. VERY noisy! Really didn't care for it because of the noise and the limited view. Our first cruise was an interior room and it was OK except you couldn't tell day from night. Next cruise we booked an ocean view and loved it! Can't go wrong with the ocean view!

Archived