Travel Documents

purplemusik

My Aunt and Uncle are going with us on a cruise in two weeks and my uncle has a really wierd situation I wanted to run past you guys to see if you thought we'd have any issues.

His birth certificate says Sept.9th but ALL his other documents say Sept 10th. He says his mom always said the Dr filled out the B.C before he was actually born and he was born just a few minutes into the new day [ Sept 10th ]. Nobody has ever questioned this before [ he's in his 50's ] and he's used the Sept 10th B-day his whole life [ which is why all other documents...even his ID have this date instead of the Sept 9th which is on his B.C ]. Will this be an issue getting on the ship? He says he has multiple other forms of ID that show the "sept 10th" bday.

A worry wort by nature- I can't help but worry until we are on the ship!

My Aunt and Uncle are going with us on a cruise in two weeks and my uncle has a really wierd situation I wanted to run past you guys to see if you thought we'd have any issues.

His birth certificate says Sept.9th but ALL his other documents say Sept 10th. He says his mom always said the Dr filled out the B.C before he was actually born and he was born just a few minutes into the new day [ Sept 10th ]. Nobody has ever questioned this before [ he's in his 50's ] and he's used the Sept 10th B-day his whole life [ which is why all other documents...even his ID have this date instead of the Sept 9th which is on his B.C ]. Will this be an issue getting on the ship? He says he has multiple other forms of ID that show the "sept 10th" bday.

I would call the cruise line,better safe than sorry, Good luck.

I cant believe his drivers lic. states sept 19th since you have your birth cert. to get one. My mother has had the same issue for year. Her birthday is nov 11 but birth cert states oct 11. She was born at home with a midwife many moons ago and the midwife did not turn in the birth certificate until months later and it had the wrong month, so therefore my mothers drivers license and medicare info is under october instead of november. I would definetly call and get this worked out prior to getting on ship. Maybe just a simple change to change his birthday in the system to the 9th

If he doesn't already have a passport you could try to get an expedited one, very costly, and then the BC would become moot.

I am a worry wort too...but I really think that the reps at the airport and port are looking to verify names, numbers and photos. I don't see a problem. Personally, I wouldn't call anyone and bring attention to it. But, ultimately, his IDs all need to match his birth certificate.

Archived