Bummed Out, Excited And Still Don't Know!!!

Tiger Lilly

Received docs today! That's the good news. Now the bad, I have a Gty 1A. Looked all over the booklet and can't find our cabin number. I guess we really will have to wait till we board to find out our number. I took a chance that we would be upgraded from a 1A to at least the next category. Haven't broken the news to the DH yet. If we get stuck in a 1A (I know, that's what I booked, but he doesn't) he'll have a fit!!

Is there any other way to find out the cabin number before we board???

Thanks ya'll.

On the Fantasy in 3 weeks!!!

First of all did you book yourself or through a TA?

If you booked yourself, then you can just call Carnival and ask if they have made the assignment yet.

If you booked through the TA you will still be able to find out on the back of your Sign and Sail card there is a long string of numbers on the card thje last few will be the cabin they assigned to you when they ticketed you. This is NOT the absolute true cabin you will be staying in but it is at least a guideline if you got an upgrade. I also assumed you got grey TBA tags with your docs the only FINAL way to make sure is when you check your bags at the port the porters have the manifest and your cabin numbers.

Hope this helps

Thanks PRYD. When I look at my docs there are a lot of numbers I can identify - booking number - TBA 44FA - sail date etc. Then there's my last name with a bunch of **********5 on it and that's all. Am I looking in the right place? I did go thru a TA.

If you are registered with Carnival try this:

Go to www.carnival.com

Click on "My Registration" on the top right corner

Sign in

Note you booking #, click on the funpass link at the bottom of the page

Sign in for funpass

From the funpass page click on "order gifts and Services" link

pick any gift, then scroll down. Your cabin# or "Guar" will automatically show in the stateroom field

This was posted in another thread and worked for me.

jckvpa0 - I don't have a sign & sail card yet.

Thanks Al2005 - what you said worked but it still says Guar. I'm just impatient - that's what happens when you take a guar and don't pick a cabin.

I'm afraid I'm going to get what I asked for a 1A Guarantee.

My DH knows we have an inside but he doesn't know that the 1A cabins are bunk beds (upper/lower). Does someone want to tell him while I go hide?

Guest cruzr44
Received docs today! That's the good news. Now the bad, I have a Gty 1A. Looked all over the booklet and can't find our cabin number. I guess we really will have to wait till we board to find out our number. I took a chance that we would be upgraded from a 1A to at least the next category. Haven't broken the news to the DH yet. If we get stuck in a 1A (I know, that's what I booked, but he doesn't) he'll have a fit!!

Is there any other way to find out the cabin number before we board???

Thanks ya'll.

On the Fantasy in 3 weeks!!!

If you find you are still in a 1A, check to see if there are any other cabins available while you are checking in. Do ALL of the 1A's have bunks?? I personally would call my TA and see if you can be changed to at least a 4A, even if it did cost me a small fee. If the ship isn't full maybe she/he can get you upgraded for nothing. Good Luck!

In your doc's I believe on page 5 should say Sign & Sail Account and Guest Ticket Contract Acknowledgement.

Would love to be a fly on the wall when you tell your dh, lol. Really, he will appreciate all the trouble you have been going through for your cruise!

When did you book your cruise? was it after full payment was due? or anything around that time?

The only place in your documents you will see an assignment is on the back page on the bottom. It starts with your booking number. the cabin # will be right before the * = the rest of the documents will still be TBA or GTEE as that is the way you booked.

If you get the 1A you can always throw the mattress on the floor.

jckvpa0 - I know what you're talking about now. My S & S card in the docs says GTEE. The numbers not on the back of the Guest Ticket either.

serene56 - This was a last minute booking (cruise sailing was one month away) - it's my birthday weekend and with the new military discount that just went into effect - I got what I thought was a great price considering we had not planned on a cruise in April.

cruzr44 - I know I should probably upgrade to at least a cabin with two lower beds but we already have another cruise for a week (balcony cabin) booked in Sept and another 3 nighter in Dec for our anniversary. My thinking on this was any money I could save by booking the cheapest thing would help me on the extra cost of my tips and parking. The lower I can keep my cruise package the more cruises I can go on.

Let's just hope the upgrade fairy is good to me so I won't have to listen to my DH when he finds out about the bunk beds.

Guest cruzr44

I will keep my fingers AND toes crossed for you. Guess you could always go back to the days when you both slept in a single bed (together).... now THAT was cozy.

I am so confused! For the last four days when I sign in to Carnival's website I've been upgraded to a regular inside cabin (not the bunk beds). Then the next day it shows the picture of the bunk beds as my cabin. The next day it's back to the regular inside. Today I'm back to bunk beds. I still haven't had the nerve to tell the DH. If it keeps going by every other day - by next week maybe it will land on the regular inside the day we leave.

Hey jckvpao - no I haven't told the DH. If we didn't already have two cruises booked this year I would have never booked a 1A (just looking to save $$$). You know, the cheaper I can cruise - the more times I can go. But, it's my birthday weekend and I wanted to go. You know the old saying -you get what you pay for. Maybe since it's my birthday he won't holler to much.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived