Spirit Class balcony dividers

BusyFLmom

We have two 8C balcony rooms booked on the Legend. How do I find out if the balcony divider can be opened between them?

They can. one person from each cabin need to go to the guest service desk and be put on a list. I would do this as soon as you board because they will only open a limited amount. They will send someone from maintenance either that evening or the next day to open and clamp.

With very few exceptions the balcony partitions can be opened on the Spirit Class ships. I understand that a few aft balconies on the Upper Deck can not have the dividers moved.

Only a limited number of partitions can be opened, however as the require a clamp. The dividers open toward the balcony rail and must be held in place by the clamp. The Spirit Class ships came out of the shipyard as newbuilds with 47 pairs of clamps... there are far fewer on each ship now.

Be advised that with the divider open a significant portion of the balcony view is blocked.

It's important that one person from each cabin makes their way together to the Guest Services Desk as soon as possible and requests the dividers be opened. Once the clamps are used up no additional partitions can be opened...

:)

I understand that one cabin will partially lose their view...but I thought I read that not all balconies can be opened :confused: We have 5197 and 5199. So Im assuming if we get to guest services early enough and request it to be opened...we wont have a problem?

I understand that one cabin will partially lose their view...but I thought I read that not all balconies can be opened :confused: We have 5197 and 5199. So Im assuming if we get to guest services early enough and request it to be opened...we wont have a problem?

Get there early and make the request... you'll be fine...

From Carnival:

Cabin 5197 8C 185/40 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed-1 upper

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: yes

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Smoking permitted on balcony only (effective 12/01/11)

Cabin 5199 8C 185/40 sq ft

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Get there early and make the request... you'll be fine...

From Carnival:

Cabin 5197 8C 185/40 sq ft

Cabin 5199 8C 185/40 sq ft

Thank you :D

All balcony dividers open......some will block doors or windows........if that happens they will just leave them unlocked.......not a big deal...

This is not true on Spirit Class ships .... here is Spirit Empress deck descriptions

Balcony Partitions

The balcony partition panel can be opened and secured in place against the balcony rail with the use of hardware. By doing so, the view is partially blocked. The required hardware is limited on each ship and is on a "first come, first serve" basis. Due to safety reasons, the following partitions cannot be opened: 6258/6260; 6260/6262; 6262/6264; 6264/6333; 6333/6331; 6331/6329; 6329/6327

This is not true on Spirit Class ships .... here is Spirit Empress deck descriptions

Balcony Partitions

The balcony partition panel can be opened and secured in place against the balcony rail with the use of hardware. By doing so, the view is partially blocked. The required hardware is limited on each ship and is on a "first come, first serve" basis. Due to safety reasons, the following partitions cannot be opened: 6258/6260; 6260/6262; 6262/6264; 6264/6333; 6333/6331; 6331/6329; 6329/6327

Yep... you're spot on.

We had a balcony on the Miracle but were very disappointed that it blocked just about 1/2 of the balcony (ours of course). Thus we had it closed and spent more time together on the decks above. We did have some conversations "through"the partition at times which was rather odd.

Balcony Partitions

What's not true........I said they all open in which they do. This is how they clean the balconies.........next time you have one of those cabins you will notice the lock....

What's not true........I said they all open in which they do. This is how they clean the balconies.........next time you have one of those cabins you will notice the lock....

Because on this class of ship the divider does NOT open towards the cabin. (like the conquest class)

The dividers open toward the balcony railing

Yes I know how they open:)

Just because the crew can open them for cleaning does not mean they will leave them unlocked no big deal .... They have them secured for a reason otherwise they would NOT be listed as not being able to be opened.

Your statement was misleading and IMHO was not true.

Just because the crew can open them for cleaning does not mean they will leave them unlocked no big deal .... They have them secured for a reason otherwise they would NOT be listed as not being able to be opened.

Your statement was misleading and IMHO was not true.

Sorry you mis understood my statement...

Get a grip! I believe the OP was interested in opening the divider for the duration of the cruise - not cleaning it.

Get a grip! I believe the OP was interested in opening the divider for the duration of the cruise - not cleaning it.

I'm clearly aware of what the op meant.....which is why I gave her good advice.......to go to the guest relations desk as soon as possible because of the limited amount they will open...

• 1 month later...

Archived