transfers to airport

alimerid

Sometimes Oceania cruises plan a tour from the ship to the airport. They seem to do this without any advance notice. I have asked in advance and they say we have no planned tours. When we actually get on the ship they somehow come up with a tour and transfers. Has anyone figured out how to get this info in advance. It is not on their regularly scheduled tours. They also sometimes deliver your luggage to the airport. This also is not on any schedule. Is there someone that actually knows about this in advance?

We will be on the Singapore -Hong Kong cruise Jan 26. I would love to know this info in advance.

Sherry

Sometimes Oceania cruises plan a tour from the ship to the airport. They seem to do this without any advance notice. I have asked in advance and they say we have no planned tours. When we actually get on the ship they somehow come up with a tour and transfers. Has anyone figured out how to get this info in advance. It is not on their regularly scheduled tours. They also sometimes deliver your luggage to the airport. This also is not on any schedule. Is there someone that actually knows about this in advance?

We will be on the Singapore -Hong Kong cruise Jan 26. I would love to know this info in advance.

Sherry

I doubt they know this far in advance.. Last year, on the same cruise, they switched the pier from the cruise terminal on the Kowloon side to the Macao ferry pier on the Island side. Mass panic all around which wasn't justified. A taxi from one side to the other was 20 minutes and about $25. They added a Hong Kong tour plus transfer as many flights left in the late afternoon.

The best solution is to plan a day or 2 extra in Hong Kong. It's a long way to go and fly out the same day you arrive.

We were on the Singapore to HongKong cruise in January. Our flight left in the evening of the day we arrived in port, and we planned to take a taxi to the central station, store our luggage, tour around town and go to the airport. But several days before the end of the cruise they left a flyer saying we could buy a day tour and transfer for about a hundred bucks each, not more than the tour alone would have cost. We had been to HK before and the tour repeated some ground, like the peak tram. But it also featured a trip to the harbor and a sampan ride there and several other things, including, unfortunately, a trip to a "jewelry factory." Also, it was advertized as including Stanley Market, which I wanted to see, and it did not. Still, it was a fairly good deal and an easy way to transfer. I assume if they have done it before in HK, they might do it again.

It is plausible that O decided to offer that tour + airport drop off after they analyzed the forms that passengers fill out about 2/3s the way into the trip. They may have felt there was a sufficient number of people with a late day flight. Just a guess.

It is plausible that O decided to offer that tour + airport drop off after they analyzed the forms that passengers fill out about 2/3s the way into the trip. They may have felt there was a sufficient number of people with a late day flight. Just a guess.

We have the same situation in Papeete, Tahiti next March since all the flights leave late in the day. We're hoping O does the same thing or lets us stay on the ship for the day like other cruise lines until we have to leave for the airport. The car rental situation is not good with only small-size cars available (that my DH could never get into) and being a Sunday, things will not be open and taxis will be more limited. Right now, we are stuck in limbo.

Billie

We have the same situation in Papeete, Tahiti next March since all the flights leave late in the day. We're hoping O does the same thing or lets us stay on the ship for the day like other cruise lines until we have to leave for the airport. The car rental situation is not good with only small-size cars available (that my DH could never get into) and being a Sunday, things will not be open and taxis will be more limited. Right now, we are stuck in limbo.

Billie

You may want to look into the option of taking a day room at one of the local hotels for that day in Papeete. Your situation is a very common one, and several hotels (the Sheraton and the Le Meridien come to mind) have pretty decent day rates.

le_meridien_tahiti_recreation_papeete_frenchpolynesia.jpg

It would be a shame to waste the Sunshine and not take a dip in all of that gorgeous water.

Thanks, we were in Hong Kong 20 years ago and would like to see the difference. Since you took the tour (Asian Wonders)we are taking, were there any excursions we should or should not take They are not doing the overnight in Hanoi this year. We are doing Ankor Wat.

Sherry

Archived