CCL Fly Aweigh?

cruisin blue

For the first time, we decided to use the Fly Aweigh program for our TA cruise on Carnival Magic. We have 2 rooms booked and the reservations are linked. Last Thursday, the flight info showed up on one of the reservations. The other still shows "Flights Pending".

I was just curious if anyone else has ever had this happen? If so, did you end up on the same flight? I have been in a panic since Thursday. We have spoken to our PVP several times, but she doesn't seem to have any answers. Supposedly, she has referred this to her supervisor.

I hope that I am worrying needlessly. :o

Fly Aweigh uses consolidator tickets. (Read the sticky if you aren't aware of the pros and cons and how they work).

In your case it sounds like Carnival had a set of tickets they chained together to get you to the port and back, and they were at a low enough cost to make a profit. They were able to confirm your flights. But there were not enough tickets to put the other party on the same itenerary and tickets on other routings were unavailable or too expensive. Carnival will wait until something becomes available or they are forced to obtain published-fare tickets at the last minute. They may not know until 1-2 weeks before travel, and it's very likely you won't be on the same itenerary. The more time that goes by without confirmation the more likely that will be the case.

Hope this helps.

I agree with Kenish; the fine print in most cruise air contracts says that they do not guarantee to put your entire party on the same flights or routings. People booked into the same cabin will be, but if your family is in multiple cabins you may be on multiple flight routings.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived