Car Service Opinions

BENNETT531

Hi there. I've been on here searching for a decent car service company to take us from FLL to Port of Miami in November for less than $100 (if possible) I would like some opinions if anyone out there has good or bad experience. I would like a PRIVATE, not shared ride with a company willing to make a 10 minute stop at a convenience store. This is what I know about the following companies:

SAS - will not provide any Private service

John's Car Service - decent price, can't find any reviews

Quality Limo Service - not sure if they do private or shared only.

Larry's Limos - positive and negative things read on CC

Your input is appreciated...

Thanks!

Go Airport Shuttle advertises $75 from FLL to Port of Miami in a sedan.

We used http://www.southfloridatransportation.com this past winter to get to West Palm Beach and would use them again in this area. They don't specifically advertise prices to Port Of Miami on their rate list, but from Port of Miami to Ft Lauderdale is advertised as $55 so I imagine from FLL to POM is in the same ballpark as Go.

I have only used SAS and QLS for shuttle service, but Larry's Limos is often suggested on these boards. No service company has a perfect record, but they seem to get good reviews whenever I read about them. Good luck! :)

Thanks guys! I have since found out that QLS also doesn't provide private service. I will definitely be checking into goairportshuttle and south florida transportation. I appreciate your help. Since we have a same day flight on the day of our cruise, I don't want to mess around with a shared shuttle service. I'm already freaking out about potential flight delays :eek: plus, it would be a fun start to our vaca to have a car to ourselves. Also want to stock up on beverages before boarding the ship.

Thanks!!!

How many are travelling,

we just got a taxi and he waited while I

went into the Publix for some water and

Sun Tan Lotion,

The cost was about $60

There's only 4 of us. $60 doesn't seem bad at all. I guess as long as we don't get stuck in traffic or something while in a taxi, that is an option. At least I know a taxi could come in handy for a backup plan in case the car service doesn't show or something. That actually makes me feel better about the whole thing.

How many are travelling,

we just got a taxi and he waited while I

went into the Publix for some water and

Sun Tan Lotion,

The cost was about $60

$60 seems low considering the drive from FLL to Miami. Did he keep the meter running while you went into Publix?

$60 seems low considering the drive from FLL to Miami. Did he keep the meter running while you went into Publix?

$60 seems to be very low - maybe he did not run the meter at all? I wonder if the taxi company knows about this trip:confused:

The typical cab fare from FLL to POM without a stop is closer to $80-85. :eek:

Archived