Would we qualify...

pbs14

I just found an $80 price drop for the 3 of us going on the Ecstasy cruise in a few weeks.

I called a carnival PVP and she said that since it was past the final payment deadline we could not get the OBC. We are paid in full.

We booked early saver. Is this right? I thought we could apply for the lower fare up to 2 days before sailing.

I sent in a price protection form anyway just in case.

You are right. Your PVP is wrong.

As long as the price drop you saw is for the same category as you booked, you are elegible for price drops up to two business days before sailing.

You should hear back from your form within approx 3 days or sooner. :D

I dont think thats right. Taxes and fees went down for our 2012 Magic cruise, and we got the difference back already.

I was told that because the taxes and fees change quite often, if there is a difference when we sail, we will get it back as obc. They would not give us a credit until sail date because they could have went up just as well... at least that is what i have experienced...

We're in a similar situation: paid in full yesterday under Past Guest rate. 4 hours later, rates dropped $100. Final payment date is August 27. Booked direct with Carnival. I've emailed the (Int'l) reservations department asking for reduction or OBC. See how it goes.

Update: Initially, the reservation dept said the 72-hour sale rate was higher then our current fare. :confused: They handn't seen that the Past Guest rate had dropped as well. It took a phone call to get things settled. They refunded us $100. :)

You are right. Your PVP is wrong.

As long as the price drop you saw is for the same category as you booked, you are elegible for price drops up to two business days before sailing.

You should hear back from your form within approx 3 days or sooner. :D

We got an email today. $80 was credited to our OBC account.

Lesson: NEVER take pvp as the only answer. Submit form just in case.

Archived