Long Beach vs Los Angeles

Ranyw

Hello !

I have cruised out of the Port of Long Beach twice, on our upcoming cruise the Carnival Spirit is going out of the Port of Los Angeles. Does anyone have any tips on the LA port ?? Is there a big difference ? I am a little happy that parking is about $3 cheaper per day ...

Thanks !

Rany

With Carnival Los Angeles is Long Beach. I just doubled checked my booking and my itinerary shows embark Los Angeles (Long Beach) :-)

Sorry, I just searched it out on Carnivals website and realized I'm incorrect. You will be sailing out of San Pedro instead of Long Beach. I do know that RCC sail out of San Pedro so if you don't get the info you hope for here on the Carnival boards, maybe check out the RCC boards.

Oddly, out of 5 total cruises I have sailed out of both ports but San Pedro was the longest ago..It is a big parking lot in front of ship basically from what I remember but we had little trouble and my friend was the driver..unloaded me with luggage parked and essentially walked back...I think there is a port section here....Sarah

San Pedro has chairs!!! If u arrive early enough u can actually sit in a chair to wait, as opposed to the ground, or the edge of a concrete planter. San Pedro is indoors...long beach has that dome, but we have had to wait outside both times, not inside. I think the dome is used for disembarking passengers luggage. San Pedro is soooooo easy to get to. The freeway exit literally feeds u into the parking lot/drop off area. Long beach has a queen Mary next door...something to do if u feel like walking around. San Pedro-nada.

Happy sailing

Archived