OWB Papeete/Moorea

lhall85917

We are booked on a 29 day cruise with Princess from Sydney to San Francisco with arrival at Papeete at 8 am April 30, depart May 1 at 4 am going to Moorea, then leaving Moorea at 4 pm. Like others, we have always dreamed of staying in an overwater bungalo and I think this gives us the option to do it. From what I've seen we could take a ferry to Moorea from Papeete, stay there and meet up with the ship the next day.

Has anyone done this and found it to be worth the money? Based on some quick searches, the room might cost $700-800 for the night, does that seem right? Any advice, thoughts, or other tips would be appreciated! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Make sure you allert princess and get a confirmation e-mail from them stating when you are leaving and returning. You will have to meet with the local officials when you do this for their approvall. They willl give you a receipt to take with you. You will also have to claim your passport from the pursers office. We just did this in March on a Holland american ship. It was worth all the hassle and expense. We left in Papeete and rejoined the ship in Moorea.

All I can say is DO IT!!!!!!!!!

Helen

• 2 weeks later...

Archived