QM2 16 April - Rollcall

iceman666

Andrew:

Let's see if you get any more responses this time around. As mentioned in separate posts, my wife and I will be on the April 16 westbound QM2. We are departing from Minneapolis on April 13 and will spend a few days with friends in London.

Needless to say, we are now getting increasingly excited about the trip!

Charles

Charles,

Excellent to hear from you again. Yes, we are also getting excited. No sign of tickets as yet but still 2 weeks and 5 days to go so should be with us next week.

Part of our holiday (7 weeks) involves us flying from Minneapolis to Las Vegas on May 4th (I think) so maybe you can give us a couple of pointers about the airport if we meet you onboard.

Regards

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Bounce to top.

Charles, it looks like only you and us are on this transatlantic. Sureley there must be more !!

Will anybody else be joing us ? Maybe we can meet up.

This will be Pat and my first ever cruise and we are getting very excited. We celebrate our wedding anniversary while on board and it is also our retirement holiday.

Saturday evening (16th) should be quite something as we understand that QM2 leaves her berth at 1700 and QE2 leaves hers, further down the docks, at 1800. Cunard and Southampton City are trying to get as many people as possible to turn out on the water and ashore to see the 2 Queens depart together. The weather on Saturday plans to be dry and not much wind so it should be quite something standing on deck to say goodbye to the UK.

Weather forecasts for the atlantic early next week appear to show about 25 foot waves so we hope it isn't too uncomfortable for QM2. Does anybody have a definite forecast ?

Charles, see you on board.

Andrew

Andrew:

I think we'll have plenty of company on the April 16 crossing, but apparently no one else who reads these boards.

In any case, I can hardly believe that I have only a few more hours in the office today and then we depart early Wednesday morning for London. We are taking a day time flight that arrives late in the evening of the same day in an effort to make jet lag more manageable.

This is only our second voyage on an ocean-going ship, the first being a mass-market (though very enjoyable) cruise on the Norwegian Dawn from Miami in 2003. I'm hoping that we can do future trips on QM2, but not before a QE2 trip.

Congratulations on your retirement and anniversary. I look forward to hearing more about your extended vacation in North America. The occasion for us is 20 years since we first met. Unfortunately, we have a few more years to go before retiring.

We have your name and cabin number, so will look you up after we get settled.

Best wishes,

Charles

Charles,

Have a good flight and we hope the jet lag doesn't kick in too much.

We are looking forward to meeting you and anybody else who is on board from these boards.

Just give us a call on the phone when you are settled in or leave a note on our door with your cabin number on it.

Best Wishes

Andrew and Pat

Archived