Voyager on Australian TV

I saw my first RCL advertisement on TV this week, for the rock 'n roll cruise. Now, I have had to do some persuading to get hubby back on a cruise after an awful one 30 years ago. He knew we had booked RCL, and when he saw this ad, he looked at me in horror!:eek: I said nup, not that cruise!

We went on the Voyager in 2008 and at the time I think she was older than the ship we went on in 2004 (Serenade). You couldnt tell - Royal keeo their ships in good nick and the extras that are on board are brilliant. Havetocruise - we are going on Allure in 4 weeks and i think it is such a different class you just wont be able to compare the 2. The closest comparison to Voyager class would be Freedom class as they are very similiar but Freedom is that bit bigger and Royal expanded on the ideas from Voyager.

Pushka - While the size of ships is a way of telling the difference, each class has got good things going for them. We went on Serenade (Radience class) and loved the open feeling, glass, views, pool tables and we felt the solarium was one of the best. We then went on Voyager which is a completely different ship with the promenade, ice rink, parades and different cabin classes. Last year we went on Liberty (Freedom class) which was very similiar to Voyager but with some extras like the flow rider. I think Allure will be some thing completely different. Cant wait to go on and see her for myself!

The show was ok - made me realise i dont want to go on Sun Princess - choir practice - seriously?!!!

One of our staff is currently on that Princess Cruise, her first. I expected to see her in the Choir. My husbands toes were curling up. Hates that kind of stuff. We are on the Liberty next July in the Med but every day but one is a Port Tour. We have a JS and think we will be spending a lot of time recovering after busy days in the heat.

The story was a tad disappointing though.

Archived