Loyalty Club/Free Internet

zennor

Hi,

I've recently realised that as we've been on a Celebrity Cruise & are now a member of their Captain's Club (classic level I think) that we're also on the first level of the Azamara club - I've entered our Captain's Club numbers on our booking & they were accepted. I'm assuming then that we will be entitled to: "89 Minutes Free Internet per Voyage" - Is this correct? & is it per person as we have a different membership no. for each of us?

If so, how does this work, if we have one laptop with us for wifi access?

I'm hoping to use these minutes on our sea day & use the 3G Dongle on my laptop when we are in port or sailing near the coast - unfortunately I have to have access to keep my online business going (even when away :( )

Hi,

I've recently realised that as we've been on a Celebrity Cruise & are now a member of their Captain's Club (classic level I think) that we're also on the first level of the Azamara club - I've entered our Captain's Club numbers on our booking & they were accepted. I'm assuming then that we will be entitled to: "89 Minutes Free Internet per Voyage" - Is this correct? & is it per person as we have a different membership no. for each of us?

If so, how does this work, if we have one laptop with us for wifi access?

I'm hoping to use these minutes on our sea day & use the 3G Dongle on my laptop when we are in port or sailing near the coast - unfortunately I have to have access to keep my online business going (even when away :( )

Hi Steve,

You are correct. Both you and Zelda should each have a certificate for 89 minutes of free internet access. In February, these certificates were in our stateroom. Both Ruth and I completed the certificates and took them to the eConnections to get credit for our internet useage. We only used Azamara's computers, but I think that you can also use your own laptop.

See you in a few weeks on Quest!

Hi Steve,

You are correct. Both you and Zelda should each have a certificate for 89 minutes of free internet access. In February, these certificates were in our stateroom. Both Ruth and I completed the certificates and took them to the eConnections to get credit for our internet useage. We only used Azamara's computers, but I think that you can also use your own laptop.

See you in a few weeks on Quest!

Thanks very much for your prompt reply, Larry but I am Zelda (hence the forum name Zennor after an interesting place in Cornwall) & run my own internet business (travel website) & have worked in IT for 30 odd years! & it's MY laptop, Steve doesn't have one. See you soon.

Zelda ;)

Thanks very much for your prompt reply, Larry but I am Zelda (hence the forum name Zennor after an interesting place in Cornwall) & run my own internet business (travel website) & have worked in IT for 30 odd years! & it's MY laptop, Steve doesn't have one. See you soon.

Zelda ;)

Sorry for the mistake, Zelda. We'll see both of you soon. -Larry

We had one voucher each but we had to finish one before we could use the other. Somehow we didn't get the overlap right and still got charged around $20 for internet usage:rolleyes: We connected with the laptop every day and also with the iPhone. Next week we are taking the iPad. The guy in the computer room set it up for me- just remember to log out at the end of every session.

We had similar problems to Albert. It was not at all clearly explained either by the attendant in the computer room or onscreen, and we spent money we need not have. The whole thing needs to be simplified.

That being said, it was great to be able to use the internet from our room. Once we were out of Japanese waters we were able to contact family and friends and update them about the situation with Quest after the earthquake.

Archived