Margaritaville

Sandman44

You have to take a cab. It's too far to walk - and I wouldn't want to walk anyhow - not safe for that distance. Everytime we've gone it's been $3.00 per person one way. It may have gone up - it's been 2 years.

If you want to take a fun way back there are usually people around asking if you want a ride back in their boat.

• 2 weeks later...
I concur, if you are in Ocho Rios, it is within walking distance.

I've walked it twice... Be careful... It's a short walk but you have to go by a shanty town... Lots of beggars & drug dealers too... Ganja mon... Ignore them as the Police are looking to throw an american in jail for drug possession...

Also, they will rip you off on the taxi ride from the pier to Margaritaville or vice versa... We were quoted anywhere from $5 - $20... I loved Dunns River Falls, Margaritaville & Bob Marley but I will never go back to Jamaica... There are prettier islands & not as many beggars...

I almost had to beat a local's butt for physically grabbing my kid & forcing some toy into his hand & then demanded money... Thankfully, I was with friends/family who intervened... You can get into my face but don't touch my kid! I hope you have a better & more enjoyable experience... :)

You can definetly walk it from the pier in Ocho Rios.

When you get to the end of the pier go through the pedestrian area on the RIGHT then go left down the main street there. If you stay on the left side of the street (waterside- walking in front of Oceans 11) there you will just be walking past other restaurants/shops. We did not encounter any haggling with the exception of taxi drivers trying to get us in their cars. We just said no and kept on walking. It is a short walk to the Island shopping center. Large area that is enclosed with only shops. When you enter there Margaritaville is to the rear on the left.

Archived