Carnival Destiny

lfresa

Just got back from the Destiny on Saturday the 27th. Had to change the ports due to Irene but it was fine. If you have any questions let me know. I posted a review but can't find it on the boards. Had room 6344 it was the best room ever. Huge with an extended balcony and no noise from the lounge below. Crew was great, food okay and ship was clean. People on board were great and were having a great time.

Just got back from the Destiny on Saturday the 27th. Had to change the ports due to Irene but it was fine. If you have any questions let me know. I posted a review but can't find it on the boards. Had room 6344 it was the best room ever. Huge with an extended balcony and no noise from the lounge below. Crew was great, food okay and ship was clean. People on board were great and were having a great time.

Please tell me about this room. We have it booked for the New Years Eve cruise.

Thanks

Darn I booked this room then changed it because i thought it would have noise issues,oh well glad you had a good cruise despite itinerary changes.:D

This was the best room ever. You are at the end of the ship in a little hallway with an aft room. You are to the right. Nice flat screen tv were my kids were upset they had the old tube tv in their room across the hall. The only complaint is the shower curtain was not wide enough to fill the shower length. Make sure you point the shower head to the wall a little and you will be fine. To move around the ship just walk down one level to 5 and that brings you across the ship. Down two flight right there is the dining room. Up to 9 is right up to the lido for food and for the adult area. You will love it. I almost changed to an aft room the day before and I am so happy I didn't. A friend of mine had a spa balcony and hated it. No privacy, the would hear the people up above the top of the ship looking out onto their balcony. If you have any questions let me know.

This was the best room ever. You are at the end of the ship in a little hallway with an aft room. You are to the right. Nice flat screen tv were my kids were upset they had the old tube tv in their room across the hall. The only complaint is the shower curtain was not wide enough to fill the shower length. Make sure you point the shower head to the wall a little and you will be fine. To move around the ship just walk down one level to 5 and that brings you across the ship. Down two flight right there is the dining room. Up to 9 is right up to the lido for food and for the adult area. You will love it. I almost changed to an aft room the day before and I am so happy I didn't. A friend of mine had a spa balcony and hated it. No privacy, the would hear the people up above the top of the ship looking out onto their balcony. If you have any questions let me know.

Oh Wow, You just gotta rub it in don't you?:p Well i booked 7316 one floor up so i guess it will be okay, it's also one of the l shaped cabins, next time i'll follow my first mind.;)

I am sure your cabin well be wonderful. I think you can't go wrong with any cabin. As long as I am not at work any cabin will do.

Only time the ship really rocked was on the way home. The bathroom door was actually swinging open I had to get up to close it and the ship was creaking some. It kept me up for a while but it was soothing in a way. I hope you guys have a great time on your cruise.

Oh at 3:00 they had tea on the last sea day in the dining room. Different selections of tea and pastries.

We also were on that cruise, room 7222, an ocean suite. Was disappointed with the itinerary change, but the trip was fun and the crew was great! We did the dolphin swim in Cozumel, our daughter loved it and went to a beach club in Costa Maya because we wanted to see at least one beach. It was ok, water was not so blue, lots of seaweed and the footing was not sandy at all in the water. The merchants there was really rude and sort of creeped our 14 year old out.

Was so looking forward to Turks and Half Moon Cay, next trip and not during hurricane season :) The trip home you could feel the boat, it woke me up. We got the last flight out for home because everything started to get cancelled.

Welcome back and sorry to hear about the changed itinerary..but out of the storm and safe, so thats good. We are sailing the Destiny Sept 5 and hearing HMC should be back up and running for us.

We've got 6371, same cabin but opposite side..glad to hear you liked the shape of the cabin, etc. I am looking forward to it especially since it cost the same as a reg balcony. I also like the location..as you said, one floor down to the action and the elevator right up to the food!

Hi,

We did the dolphin encounter in Cozumel in Chakanaab Park on our own. 88.00 for each person. Just checked my charge card and that is what was charged. and 95.00 for 5 of us to get in and use the facilities. We saved a lot of money but doing this on our own. I have to admit I thought the Mexican people were not as pushing as the people in Nassau. Maybe it was where you were at . We were at the Corona Club area right in down town. We should have gone down further but it was fine. Yes you are right a lot of seaweed I would just float so I did not touch it. Did not see much fish but we snorkeled also in Cozumel and it was better than in the Bahamas. I did get great cheap gifts to bring home. Bracelets 3 for 5 dollars.

The only reason we booked this cruise was for Half Moon Cay. Oh well, next time. I might look into the Pride again. We did that years ago and it was nice not to fly since we are from Connecticut. I knew there were many kids on board and to be honest I thought they were really well behaved. I did not see many of them like the past cruises sitting on the stairs, riding the elevators etc.

Did anyone that you knew do the Chefs table and if so do you know which menu they used.......we are sailing with Deb/Gab and are thinking of doing the Chefs table....but the newer menu doesn't appeal as much as the older one......and the maitre'd hasn't yet answered my email......I think he has been really busy dealing with so many other changes.......etc...it has been crazy lately..

• 4 months later...
Oh Wow, You just gotta rub it in don't you?:p Well i booked 7316 one floor up so i guess it will be okay, it's also one of the l shaped cabins, next time i'll follow my first mind.;)

How was 7316? Did you like this cabin? What were your Pros/Cons? We booked it for December. This will be our first cruise and we're getting excited! I just hoping we picked a good cabin...

How was 7316? Did you like this cabin? What were your Pros/Cons? We booked it for December. This will be our first cruise and we're getting excited! I just hoping we picked a good cabin...

My cruise is not until October, i booked super early, Can't wait to find out.:)

• 1 year later...

Archived