Fort Lauderdale: Homewood Suites or Summerfield Suites?

jtonra

I'm looking for a one night pre-cruise hotel. We're flying into FLL on a Friday and cruising out of Miami on Saturday. I'm looking for a hotel with decent eating establishments either on-site or nearby (walkable). I also want one which has a liquor store or other store with a decent wine selecting withing walking distance. A free shuttle from FLL would be a nice bonus. I'm focusing on these two hotels because they have good rates for our date and they have two bedroom suites which we need since we'll have 4 kids with us. Does anyone know if either of these hotels meets my criteria?

Thanks in advance.

I'm looking for a one night pre-cruise hotel. We're flying into FLL on a Friday and cruising out of Miami on Saturday. I'm looking for a hotel with decent eating establishments either on-site or nearby (walkable). I also want one which has a liquor store or other store with a decent wine selecting withing walking distance. A free shuttle from FLL would be a nice bonus. I'm focusing on these two hotels because they have good rates for our date and they have two bedroom suites which we need since we'll have 4 kids with us. Does anyone know if either of these hotels meets my criteria?

Thanks in advance.

We stayed at the Summerfield Suites last April. Great hotel for overnight. Shuttle from airport good. About a block walk across a very busy street with lights is a huge outside mall with restaurants on the left and Liquor on the right. Breakfast buffet in the morning was enough to really satisfy. Found it on Hotwire for far less the going price. Hope this helps

Summerfield Suites meets your criteria (although I can't speak about shuttles). Oakwood Plaza is just across from the cul de sac this hotel is on. Lots of fast food and sit down dinner options, as well as a Kmart and BJ's Warehouse. I like Homewood Suites hotels, but the one at FLL is kind of out of the way for anything on foot.

Archived