should they be compensated?

S.S.Oceanlover

What cracks me up is that this thread goes on (and on) in this Carnival board but has died on the NCL board.

Nothing wrong with that. It just makes me laugh.

I guess that why if you want a discussion on a topic, ANY TOPIC, post it on the Carnival board.

I understand why the Hosts have a never ending job here moving threads to the "correct" board;)

I think, in this case it's proper on all 3 boards especially since CC did an entire article on the compensation given by each line.

People know how CCL, RCL and NCL all reacted to the same situation and no doubt will be considering that in their decision of which line to sail with. At a minimum NCL blew it from the PR perspective, even if they made the passengers whole at a later date.

This time it was NCL........last time it was Carnival during the swine flu who blew it big time........so I guess it varies from situation to situation.......smart peple would know it just happened that this time Carnival was the star and know that next time it can be the other way around.....

This time it was NCL........last time it was Carnival during the swine flu who blew it big time........so I guess it varies from situation to situation.......smart peple would know it just happened that this time Carnival was the star and know that next time it can be the other way around.....

AbsoLUTEly!

...and besides, CCL's heroism is being paid for by the folks going to the Chef's Table and paying $75 to eat hen, so I think they are the true heros.

(sorry, I just couldn't resist) :p

I think everybody should be compensated for everything. Hard bed, cigarette on balcony, late food, no shrimp cocktail, engine noise, kids on board, rude people, jeans in dining room, room service takes too long, bad seas, too rough to tender, wrong birth certificate, meatloaf, taking away your booze, long lines, no more free booze, don't have your brand beer/soda, flatiron steak, bad weather, sewer small, loud music, blah, blah, blah, all should be compensated for by the cruise line. It's only fair.

I understand you are being sarcastic Joey, but you make it appear that those passengers were whining about something trivial like no shrimp cocktail. Some of us work long and hard to save the money to spend on a cruise and if it were your cruise that were cut short by a day I am sure that you would feel like those poor NCL folks.

If I paid for a hotel room for 3 days and on one of those days the hotel decided to close and made everyone leave- I sure would not expect to pay for the room on that night, right? I think this is a similar situation. (I use the hotel scenario because the big story here in Maryland is that some hotels are not reimbursing people for their hotel rooms even though the Town of Ocean City made everyone evacuate due to the Hurricane...:mad:)

I am sure Carnival would have offered some sort of OBC- just another reason to cruise with Carnival! ;)

due to the Hurricane...:mad:)

I am sure Carnival would have offered some sort of OBC- just another reason to cruise with Carnival! ;)

NCL did give the passengers OBC....not exactly sure of the amount but I believe it was $100 per cabin...which isn't a lot.

Archived