Losing Weight and Buying Cruise Clothes

FlaGrl4Evr

Trying on an outfit and discovering that it is too big is one of the greatest joys of losing weight. If you are buying clothes now in hopes of wearing them for a future cruise, just make sure that you save the receipts. I bought some really cute cruise outfits last May when I joined Weight Watchers. They were a little snug when I tried them on in the dressing room but I figured that in the 5 months that I had to wait on my cruise that I would surely lose enough to fit into them. Well today, on a whim, I decided to try on a few outfits and to my surprise they were too big. Thank goodness I was smart enough to save the reciepts. Some stores have a really strict return policy so I may have been SOL. I also doubt that I would have been able to get a smaller size as the inventory has changed since mid-May.

Good luck to all those in the process of losing and happy shopping. :)

Good for you, fellow-hoosier! :D It is so exciting when something you *hoped* will fit, is actually now too big - what a fantastic problem! I bought a black dress at JCP for our February 2012 cruise, and I am wondering if I will have the same "problem". But I will take that problem rather than the opposite any day! LOL Congrats again, it's a lot of hard work but oh-so-worth it! :)

Congrats! That is great.

I'm trying to lose weight for my two cruises next year and instead of buying the clearance summer clothes now, I actually started a cruise wardrobe savings envelope. Every pay cheque, I try to put anywhere from $5 to $20 in there. I won't start spending it until January, so I hope to have a nice amount to spend on some new clothes for my new body!

• 2 weeks later...

May I join your little group? I live in Columbus, Indiana; we are cruising in October but leaving in a couple of days for the trip to California. I've been dieting (though I don't call it that) for about 169 days and so far have lost 24 lbs. Having bought clothes to find they are now too big would be delightful. ;) I hope you can return them but as you said some stores have a 30 or 60 return policy. Hopefully they will give you credit so you can buy something that fits. So far, even with my 24 lb loss I can still wear my clothes. Oh yeah, some are pretty loose but I'm also getting into some things I had that were far too tight to wear. That makes me very happy. My goal was to be able to fit into some fancy beaded shells for this cruise but oops didn't quite make it. :p They are still too tight across the boobs...so maybe for the January or February ones it will work out.

Good luck with your weight loss and keep up the good work.:)

Good luck to you too, Babs.

It seemed like the old clothes fit just fine until I hit the 25 lb loss mark, then it was like - boom - nothing fit, not even my undies. I was thankful that I had some legging type pants to hold me over until I could buy a few things in a smaller size. Another thing that I'm sure contributed to my clothes not fitting well, is that I have been doing an excercise plan, treadmill 6 days a week and weights and floor excercises 3-4 times per week. I think it is a combo of wt loss and toning.

I was able to return my cute cruise clothes that I bought back in May when I joined WW. I had the sales slip and they didn't give me a hard time at all. I will not however, pre-buy clothes in a smaller size again. It is just too much of a risk.

I'm down to my last 13 lbs to reach goal and to be honest this has been the hardest point of my wt loss journey. I know I'm getting close but the wt is coming off so much slower at this point. I am just going to take it a day at a time.

Good luck to you and all that are going through the weight loss journey.

Buying new clothes is so much better than cheesecake. :D

Wow, so glad they let you return. Yep the secret is to keep the receipts I think. I just hate to return anything, always have, even though I do keep receipts.

A lot of my clothes are getting too loose too but I can't wait till they fall off me. If I have to buy new clothes, it just is what it is!!!:p As I said some of the tops that pulled across the chest now fit fine, with room to spare so I know the inches are dropping too. I have a health situation so don't do much exercise except walking and gardening but just keeping active and on the go helps me somewhat. I'm loving the cooler weather now so trying to walk more than before. I sure didn't walk much this summer; just too too hot for me.

Anyhow good luck everyone, keep up the good work. We are leaving on a trip in just a few days but I will try to keep in touch. One thing that I think has helped me more than anything is telling people what my weight was and owning up to if I gain a lb or eat something I shouldn't. Accountability is a big thing in my book and you all help me keep honest.;)

Archived