After Silverseas trip I still rate Seabourn #1

SusanNJ

Our first two cruises were on Silversea (2005-6) and our reaction was: Phenomenal! Splendid! etcetera.....

Then, we sailed Seabourn and have done two TAs. Our reaction: Phenomenal! Splendid! etcetera....At the time of our first Seabourn experience I did post an 'apples and oranges' sort of comparison. And even though - at the time - I thought SS came out especially ahead in terms of bathrooms and desserts (hmmm...odd pairing, that)....we somehow have since become so totally enamoured of our SB experiences. And the reason really comes down to...SERVICE, and that wonderful sense of family that the SB staff manages to create.

A story - we had room service dinner one evening (on SB) and I complimented the waiter on the wonderful job that everyone was doing, how it really made a wonderful travel experience, didn't know how they did it, yadda...

And his reply (which I think is the key at the heart of this whole discussion): "Shall I tell you why?" he said to me. "It's because we love what we do."

Lucky we are, those of us who can make a statement like that. And lucky we are, those of us who get to sail (anywhere. on any line. but especially on SB!).

Having sailed both lines several times in recent years, in my opinion, currently the biggest difference between SS and SB is the quality of the food (SB being far superior).

There are other differences, but the slippage in SS food over the last few years may shortly make SS a non-starter.

Archived