Canadian applying for Brazilian Tourist Visa

Howasaur

Just wondering how long it took fellow Canadians to get a Tourist Visa. We sent ours in Aug 3rd received by Embassy in Vancouver Aug, 4th 09:57 signed by...... according to Canada Post (XpressPost) and when we checked our Visa online through the Brazilian Consulate site it shows Received,, Should we be concerned?

Hi Rules are a little different for Canadians:

Sent all documentation required to Brazilian Consulate in Vancouver Aug 3rd by Canada post (Xpresspost). delivered to Embassy Aug 4th at 09:57am signed by XXXXXXX (didn't want to list persons name mentioned. When I log onto the Brazilian web site to check status of our application it shows Received??? Should I be concerned or are they just that busy? Not required till Late November 2011.

I would be getting concerned. I know that if you take in person that it is ready within a week. I wouldn't expect it to take too much longer by mail, and three weeks is a long time.

I would definately try contacting them.

Archived