FOS Entertainment Shows

buddy11

Went on line to prebook some shows as advised to do on this board, there was only 1 date offered for the 'Now You See It' show and 2 dates offered for the 'Ice Show'. Would this be correct? I'm just a bit surprised that the shows were not on nightly as I wanted to do these particular shows when we were 'at sea' day so we wouldn't be rushing back from a day excursion, eating and racing to catch a show at 9pm :rolleyes:. Have I looked up the shows details correctly or am I missing something? :confused:

You are correct. They normally have the ice shows several times during the cruise; sometimes the ice show will have a afternoon showing on sea days. The evening headliner show is normally one day only; so if its during the formal nights good; but it sounds like it isn't.

Just a suggestion - on FOS it doesn't really make sense NOT to pre-book your shows. Since each show (except for ice show) are only shown one night and there are only 2 time slots (7 and 9 I think), why not just book every show based on your dinner seating? We have early dining and I booked all the 9:00 shows knowing there's no way I could get to a 7:00.

I guess this wouldn't necessarily apply to those who have MTD but it couldn't hurt to book ahead so you will be guaranteed a spot if it's a show you really want to see and then work your dinner around the show that night. The only ships that offer the same shows on different nights are Oasis and Allure. :D

Just got back from the Freedom...They do set up a table the first day of the cruise on the promenade so you can continue to prebook shows if you hadnt already done so. Dont miss the "now you see it" It was amazing! Ice Show was 4 times during our cruise...(but only 2 days ) 2 times one day, 2 times the next day

We too are on Freedom soon.I don't want to prebook everything,I would like to leave things free so we can arrange our day/evening as it comes.Do we need to prebook shows or can we still turn up on the night as we have in the past ?

We were on the Freedom the first week of August and I highly recommend pre-booking all of your shows. They scanned your SeaPass card as you enter the theatre and if you did not pre-book a show, you had to wait until the last 10 minutes in a line on the side before you could get in. On most nights, it wouldn't be a problem getting into see a show with a decent seat, but the ice show and "Now You See It" are packed!

What happens if you pre-book a show and you don't show up? They really make anyone who didn't pre-book a show wait outside until 10 minutes before the show? Is the theatre usually full of pre-bookers when they let you in?

I understand this for the ice show but is it really better to pre-book the regular shows? I've never had to worry about this before on a cruise. We just decide each day if want to go to the show that night? And usually the cruise compass has a description of the show... do they have that on the website so you know which show you are booking?

And what about comedians? Is that also a pre-bookable show?

Just a suggestion - on FOS it doesn't really make sense NOT to pre-book your shows. Since each show (except for ice show) are only shown one night and there are only 2 time slots (7 and 9 I think), why not just book every show based on your dinner seating? We have early dining and I booked all the 9:00 shows knowing there's no way I could get to a 7:00.

I guess this wouldn't necessarily apply to those who have MTD but it couldn't hurt to book ahead so you will be guaranteed a spot if it's a show you really want to see and then work your dinner around the show that night. The only ships that offer the same shows on different nights are Oasis and Allure. :D

I usually have late dinner (2nd seating) and the shows are at 10 or 10:30pm. Has this changed?

We too are on Freedom soon.I don't want to prebook everything,I would like to leave things free so we can arrange our day/evening as it comes.Do we need to prebook shows or can we still turn up on the night as we have in the past ?

I feel the same way. I don't like the idea that they are making people who haven't pre-booked wait until the last 10 minutes to be seated.

I usually have late dinner (2nd seating) and the shows are at 10 or 10:30pm. Has this changed?

Suppose it all depends when you are sailing.Ours on FOS the show times are..Marquee 9pm & 10:45pm. Now You See It 7pm & 9pm. Once Upon A Time 7pm & 9pm. Headliner 7:15pm & 9pm. Ice Show 3pm,5pm,7pm & 9pm

I feel the same way. I don't like the idea that they are making people who haven't pre-booked wait until the last 10 minutes to be seated.

The shows are free. Prebook! If you dont go, so be it. That way you dont have to wait.

Suppose it all depends when you are sailing.Ours on FOS the show times are..Marquee 9pm & 10:45pm. Now You See It 7pm & 9pm. Once Upon A Time 7pm & 9pm. Headliner 7:15pm & 9pm. Ice Show 3pm,5pm,7pm & 9pm

We had 2nd seating for dinner also.

Most anything we wanted to see, we had to do it early.

When I booked I remember most of them being 7 and 9. There may have been one that was later than 9 but not sure. I took the 9:00 shows for everything except I think the ice show was a different time, but there are more choices of days/times for that one.

Seems like the expect the late diners to go to shows before dinner.

These show times were taken form my cruise details page on RCCL website.We sail 2nd Oct on FOS

These show times were taken form my cruise details page on RCCL website.We sail 2nd Oct on FOS

We are on the same sailing as you so yes most of them are 7 and 9. I booked the 9:00 Marquee also so all of my shows are at 9! So late diners don't really have any choice but to see the shows before dinner except for Marquee :eek:

We are on the same sailing as you so yes most of them are 7 and 9. I booked the 9:00 Marquee also so all of my shows are at 9! So late diners don't really have any choice but to see the shows before dinner except for Marquee :eek:

I hadn't at first liked the idea of pre booking but I might go ahead and do it.Got nothing to lose.

I hadn't at first liked the idea of pre booking but I might go ahead and do it.Got nothing to lose.

Exactly why I pre-booked. Nothing to lose. If you don't show up it's not like you're out any $$ or anything. :D Pre-booking on FOS was way easier and less stressful than booking on Oasis and Allure. Those ships have each show on multiple days/times - a little confusing to try and fit everything in. :rolleyes:

I don't have any problem with that policy since it insures that anyone who has made the effort to pre-book their shows gets a seat as promised, but still requires that they show up at least ten minutes before show time or risk not being admitted. It also offers a reasonable window of time for those who did not make advance reservations to still get into the theater for the show. Not everyone can or wants to pre-plan everything in advance. There is something to be said for being flexible and for occasionally acting on an impulse. RCI's policy is not much different from airline policies that require you to check in a certain amount of time prior to your flight to avoid losing the seat you selected. If it should turn out that a majority of guests are making blanket reservations and then not showing up to honor those reservations, it might be a good reason to re-examine the policy, but I don't think that there are so many no-shows that this is a serious problem.

This thread caught me by surprise. I thought only the Oasis and Allure required pre-booking. My last Voyager of the Seas (Mach, 2011) did not require or even have this. Do all Freedom class ships require this, or just the Freedom of the Seas?

This thread caught me by surprise. I thought only the Oasis and Allure required pre-booking. My last Voyager of the Seas (Mach, 2011) did not require or even have this. Do all Freedom class ships require this, or just the Freedom of the Seas?

They aren't "requirements", only "recommendations". As you can see there are some folks who do not make advance reservations and are still able to see the shows.:)

They aren't "requirements", only "recommendations". As you can see there are some folks who do not make advance reservations and are still able to see the shows.:)

OK. I wonder if Voyager class ships will ever have this. On my Voyager of the Seas last March there was no scanning of Seapass cards to enter the show, and no option of advance reservations. Even the ice show no longer required tickets.

You are correct. They normally have the ice shows several times during the cruise; sometimes the ice show will have a afternoon showing on sea days. The evening headliner show is normally one day only; so if its during the formal nights good; but it sounds like it isn't.

Thanks AF-1, that clears that up for me. Do you know how I will find out which nights are formal nights on my cruise date, my cruise is from Sept 18th - 25th 2011.

Archived