Future Cruise Certificates

tk22

If I am sharing a room with my sister/friend and will be sharing a room with that person on the next cruise; can we both purchase a future cruise certificate to use on our next cruise or can only one certificate be used per room booked?

If I am sharing a room with my sister/friend and will be sharing a room with that person on the next cruise; can we both purchase a future cruise certificate to use on our next cruise or can only one certificate be used per room booked?

One per cabin

wishfull thinking they are going to double the OBC. nope.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

Its per cabin, no matter how many in the cabin.

PS solos have had to fight to get the full OBC in fact, if there is only one in the cabin. John said he has taken care of this since we now have to pay 200%, but its based on double occupancy it says in the terms. says half for solos still in the terms.

wishfull thinking they are going to double the OBC. nope.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

Its per cabin, no matter how many in the cabin.

PS solos have had to fight to get the full OBC in fact, if there is only one in the cabin. John said he has taken care of this since we now have to pay 200%, but its based on double occupancy it says in the terms. says half for solos still in the terms.[/quote

Thanks, that is how I thought it worked - I guess we could split the cost of one certificate and split the onboard credit or split the cost of the certificate and the person whose name is on the certificate gets the full $100 off the cruise the other get the $100 onboard credit. Each way you double the money you spent.

[

Thanks, that is how I thought it worked - I guess we could split the cost of one certificate and split the onboard credit or split the cost of the certificate and the person whose name is on the certificate gets the full $100 off the cruise the other get the $100 onboard credit. Each way you double the money you spent.

I never get the math how people say thats doubling your money.

You get $50 OBC for short cruises

$75 for 6 days

$100 for 7 days

$200 for 12 days and longer

I apply them to even my 5 day cruises .. saying you double your money is going to confuse a lot of people. OBC is the only benefit. The $100 is your own money you get back. If I spend $100 and get $50 in OBC I have not doubled my money.

I never get the math how people say thats doubling your money.

You get $50 OBC for short cruises

$75 for 6 days

$100 for 7 days

$200 for 12 days and longer

I apply them to even my 5 day cruises .. saying you double your money is going to confuse a lot of people. OBC is the only benefit. The $100 is your own money you get back. If I spend $100 and get $50 in OBC I have not doubled my money.

My bad - I was basing it on a 7 day cruise, which we will be taking next year. I actually didn't realize until I just redeemed the certificate I bought last year for the Nov 14th cruise on the Magic, which is 6 days, and I got $75 OBC. But, when we buy one on this 6 days cruise to use for next year, it is a 7 day and we will get $100 OBC. Thanks again for explaining....I was going to buy one on this 6 day and my sister wanted to buy one also and since we were going to be in the same room, I was thinking only one per room.

Does anyone know if we can use the FCC on future cruise that is booked but not 100% paid for? We have a cruise coming up and another one already planned/booked for next year, can I apply it to that one?

The form says NO. BUT I have had one applied to 2 different previously booked cruises. This last time I had to question it more than once. I think they are cracking down on this and they will be following the rules in the future is my guess.

Still a great deal. If you are doing a 7 day you do double your money. Pay $100 when you buy it. Get that back plus $100 OBC is double in my old-school math.... If I were lucky enuf to get to do a 12 day or longer my math says I tripled my money!!!

Enjoy your cruises!

I am looking at one I purchased October 1st, 2010 and it expires October 1st, 2014.

These certificates have evolved a bit. The originals did not have an expiration date as I recall. They were also fully refundable. They have changed them over time and the ones you buy now are good for 2 years and (I believe) are NON-refundable.(could be wrong on that part)

These certificates have evolved a bit. The originals did not have an expiration date as I recall. They were also fully refundable. They have changed them over time and the ones you buy now are good for 2 years and (I believe) are NON-refundable.(could be wrong on that part)

I believe the originals like I have were good for 5 years. I bought mine on conquest, one of the original 4 ships that had them.

Does anyone know if we can use the FCC on future cruise that is booked but not 100% paid for? We have a cruise coming up and another one already planned/booked for next year, can I apply it to that one?

Doesnt matter when it is paid for. It says they can only be applied to cruises you book in the future. They just went online recently, so havent really cracked down totally, but I too expect they will now that they dont have to physically mail them back to you if you didnt follow the directions.

I don't see anything on mine about it being refundable so I am assuming that it is not.

Archived