?? re:good private guides Black Sea Serenade

pacmom

We will be taking this cruise on Regatta next Aug. and would like to know about private guides in Yalta, Sochi, Sevestapol and Odessa. Please contact me at momcooney1atgmaildotcom. Would also appreciate any info about things not to miss. Also open to taking a ship's tour if it is really good. Thanks in advance. Pat

Hi Pat - We have a private guide arranged in Sevastopol & Yalta - not sure if you would be interested in his tours as they are mostly hiking-related. If you are let me know and I will forward you his contact email.

I am interested to see what replies you might get, as I am having trouble finding a guide to take us to the monastery in Trabzon.

I am not sure what there is to do in Sinop or Batumi, so I am not sure if we need a guide at those stops.

We are on the 7/5 Black Sea sailing.

Judy

I did that tour last year, and had good private tours.

Sochi used "Sochi Holidays" , http://www.sochi-holi.ru/ ,Elena Miasoyedova melena62@mail.ru

Ukraine used "Crimea Consulting" ,http://www.crimeaconsulting.com/ , contact@crimeaconsulting.com

Turkey used "New Faces Travel" , http://www.newfacestravel.com/

Sochi Holidays.................fantastic. Crimea Consulting..............fantastic. Would highly recommend both of them. Could not find private tour to the Monastery. Took Oceania's tour and it was very good. I posted bits of information on the Roll Call for the Nautica's August 25 Black Sea Cruise after having done the cruise in June. You can get some information on many of the ports and additional guides.

I've been having trouble finding a guide in Trabzon, also. Do you think it would it be possible for us to take a taxi?

We did the ships tour last year in Trabazon, but some individuals were there by taxi. I am not sure they were from the ship though. It is a fairly long drive and we had to transfer to smaller vehicles for the final mile or so. We found the ships tour to be very informative and we are ones who don't normally do ships tours. Our tour included a city tour as well, but everyone returned to the ship for lunch and reboarded their buses following lunch I'll do some looking and let you know who we used in yalta and sevestapol. We could not dock in Sochi due to very high winds (the captain tried i promise you) but we had booked with Elena mentioned above. In Odessa we just walked around on our own. Sinop we also walked around on our own.

Archived