Credited under Old System or New System?

BPyser1

Hey everyone, just wanted to get your opinion on this before I called the Crown and Anchor Society.

On January 14th, 2011, my mom and I took a 3 night Bahamas cruise on the Majesty of the Seas. The cruise ended on January 17th. On January 21st, the new system of getting cruise points (days) instead of credits was implemented. Now, since the credits for our cruise were not accrued straight away, we had to wait until January 28th, and then we were promptly credited with the new points instead of the old credits.

We were wondering if we should get 1 credit (7 days) instead of 3 RCL cruise points since this cruise was sailed on and completed before the changes were officially announced.

I'm sure such a question has been addressed before, and it may seem trivial to quibble over earning another 4 days, but it does help me for my Allure of the Seas cruise in December where I will have 175 points (Diamond Plus) after its completion instead of 171 points.

Thanks for Responding :)

Hey everyone, just wanted to get your opinion on this before I called the Crown and Anchor Society.

On January 14th, 2011, my mom and I took a 3 night Bahamas cruise on the Majesty of the Seas. The cruise ended on January 17th. On January 21st, the new system of getting cruise points (days) instead of credits was implemented. Now, since the credits for our cruise were not accrued straight away, we had to wait until January 28th, and then we were promptly credited with the new points instead of the old credits.

We were wondering if we should get 1 credit (7 days) instead of 3 RCL cruise points since this cruise was sailed on and completed before the changes were officially announced.

I'm sure such a question has been addressed before, and it may seem trivial to quibble over earning another 4 days, but it does help me for my Allure of the Seas cruise in December where I will have 175 points (Diamond Plus) after its completion instead of 171 points.

Thanks for Responding :)

I'd call C&A and ask - the worst they can do is say no. I think I read on CC that others have been successful in having the old points credited. And the Concierge Lounge on Allure is worth it - it's spectacular.

Ok, I just called C&A, and they decided to give me the extra 4 cruise points as they said it was indeed earned under the old system.

Yes, that means I will be Diamond + after the Allure :D:D:D

Congratulations, and have fun !! :)

Had a similar situation as I sailed on the 20th of January in a JS...would not give me credits, only points because the sailing finished after the change over...tried many times with C&A but they won't budge on this one. A difference of 6 points means a lot to me...not so much to them...so much for loyal to royal I guess.

Archived