Radisson Conado

1skier1

has anyone stayed at the radisson conado.. 1369 ashford ave... we will be there for one night pre cruise.. this friday... is it a clean and safe place? how far to old san juan .. how far to pan american pier... any ideas on what to do for dinner on friday night...

thx for you time..

mike

Never stayed in that hotel.. I don't think it is on the beach...but I am not sure. A fun place to go for dinner is in the El San Juan Hotel it is a barbeque restaurant on the roof. It isn't too pricely and it is lots of fun and good food. They have a mechanical bull. If you can try the interconintental...right next door to el san jauna..nice hotle. good beach!

mike,

I have stayed there..sorry to tell you but I HATED it and i was only in the room for 4 hours. I arrived at 5am and my friend had already checked in. She changed rooms twice before i got there. She just gave up. There was a VERY VERY strong smell of cleaning products that burned my nose. We had the windows open to help but it didnt. I felt my clothes had that lingering smell for days.(im very scent sensitive)

The hotel is not on the beach but a very short walk to the marriott. Just walk over and use the beach there.

places to eat: my favorite restaurant is ropa viejo(about 10 minute walk) It is located on ashford about a block from the wyndham condado plaza. Its cuban/pr fare. You will need a reservation.

ajili mojili is great too.(about 10 minute walk) located also on ashford about a block from wyndham condado plaza on opposite side of street next door to a chilis. You will need a reservation.

tequilas(very close to your hotel across the street) Nice place to sit outside and have a marguerita or 2 and people watch. mexican fare.

have fun on your cruise. I just got off the constellation for the 5th time and had a blast!

*sweet*

We stayed there last summer for two nights. It is clean and safe. There are lots of cabs waiting outside to take you to the pier (15 mins) or Old San Juan (15 mins). For dinner I would recommend a tapas style restaurant in Calle San Sebastian in Old San Juan called Baru. We celebrated our anniversary there and it was outstanding. Happy Cruising. :D

We stayed there for two nights after a cruise in 1999. I loved the rooftop pool. The shops along Ashford Avenue are very nice. We walked to Ajili-Mojili. I thought the food there was very good and I'd recommend it. We also ate a couple of lunches at more casual places. I don't remember the names of the places, but one had a great Cuban sandwich.

Archived