soda card

Warrior Princess

Please, what is the ultimate card and how is it different from the soda card?

I am wondering the same, because our boat only had one drink card, and it only covered soda, juice and smoothies. Maybe milkshakes too at the icecream stand, not sure about that. But it didn't cover alcohol.

Can any of you who have been on the Ruby confirm what flavors of diet soda can be gotten with the soda sticker? I would prefer caffeine free, so I wonder if you could get Diet Sprite.

And remind me again....can you use the sticker/card in the MDR at dinner?Thanks!

The only caffeine free diet soda on Princess is Sprite Zero.

This is available for purchase by the can, and not with the sticker.

With the sticker, the only diet soda is diet coke.

Just wondering if it was possible to buy the soda/ultimate drink package online from the Princess website at USD$8.05? We are sailing from Australia and I've heard it can be in excess of $10+ which adds up over a 14 night cruise. We were wondering if we could purchase it from Princess directly before our cruise?

Just wondering if it was possible to buy the soda/ultimate drink package online from the Princess website at USD$8.05? We are sailing from Australia and I've heard it can be in excess of $10+ which adds up over a 14 night cruise. We were wondering if we could purchase it from Princess directly before our cruise?

They do sell it in advance in the gifts and services section of Princess.com. However, I understand that UK and Australia cannot access the same site. Try it and see what happens.

• 4 weeks later...

My suggestion to anyone thinking about purchasing a soda card is to buy one for your whole group. There is no need to buy one for each person. When you order soda from a server, you just flash your cruise card to show the sticker. They never check the name on your card. I think the soda card is one of the biggest rip-offs that Princess offers. If at all possible, bring your own soda onboard, and avoid this unneccesary waste of money.

I called Princess (I'm from Australia) and was told that for our NZ cruise we should disregard prices on the website and that the price would be ~$6 (AUD) per day. Seems that alot of different info is floating around!

I called Princess (I'm from Australia) and was told that for our NZ cruise we should disregard prices on the website and that the price would be ~$6 (AUD) per day. Seems that alot of different info is floating around!

AUD$6 day for the ultimate card?! thats a big difference in price, one that I hope is true!

Did you book/organise it for your cruise or did you just inquire?

If you have already cruised Princess this year then take your soda mug with you again on the second trip and you can use it again. I guess they use the same mugs the whole year. Not that I am tight but if you have paid for more than one cruise in the same year there must be some hiden benefits !!

:p

FYI - I have always been asked to show my card even when we had the mug just to keep people from doing this.

My suggestion to anyone thinking about purchasing a soda card is to buy one for your whole group. There is no need to buy one for each person. When you order soda from a server, you just flash your cruise card to show the sticker. They never check the name on your card. I think the soda card is one of the biggest rip-offs that Princess offers. If at all possible, bring your own soda onboard, and avoid this unneccesary waste of money.

I just love reading posts from people who want to teach us how to cheat. :rolleyes:

FYI - I have always been asked to show my card even when we had the mug just to keep people from doing this.

That's because most people don't even use the mug and the card is really the only proof.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Do I smell a troll? :confused:

AUD$6 day for the ultimate card?! thats a big difference in price, one that I hope is true!

I know! Our cruise is booked through a TA but I called Princess to check. Interestingly, though, another family member called and was told that there was no such package. So I wouldn't take it as gospel - their phone staff don't seem to be very knowledgeable.

I don't buy a soda card. During our trip last month, other people we were with, inquired about it at the first dinner we had, and the waiter said it was $7.00 a day, and some of the people with us did buy it, and they were charged $50 some odd bucks for it. There was no mention of any other type of card, by the waiter. One of the guests got room service at one point, and the soda card did not work for the sparkling water that was delivered to their room, however it did cover the same sparkling water in the dining room.

The $5.00 a day card may be on a different boat. There has been talk in other threads about things changing on Princess, one of those things is the Horizon court no longer being 24/7, which was true for our trip. Perhaps they have raised the cost of the soda card.

On Princess website as of today: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

Unlimited Soda Package:

Receive a souvenir tumbler and select from a variety of unlimited soft drinks served by the glass at all bars and restaurant locations throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge. $5.18 per person / per day

Unlimited Soda and More Package:

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & more Package,† entitling you to the above Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge. $8.05 per person / per day

I can't find anything that talkes about water.

Harriet

With the conversion rate of today that equals $5.87 in American dollars.

Harriet

I'm wondering if what they quoted you was the Soda Card and not the Ultimate Soda Card.

Harriet

Archived