soda card

Warrior Princess

If you have already cruised Princess this year then take your soda mug with you again on the second trip and you can use it again. I guess they use the same mugs the whole year. Not that I am tight but if you have paid for more than one cruise in the same year there must be some hiden benefits !!

:p

Get only one soda card. You can get two drinks or share drinks.

Go to two different bars. No need to spend extra money on two cards!

Just curious, do you have children? Do you teach them to cheat? Are you happy if they get a zero in school for cheating? After all, you taught them.

No, no, no!! Don't cheat!!! We book multiple cruises a year, and buy a soda sticker for each of us for on each and every cruise. If you can afford to cruise, you can afford $5.08 daily for a soda sticker. Yes, there are hidden benefits of booking more than one cruise per year...they're called happiness and relaxation. They are not called the 'right to cheat'.

If you have already cruised Princess this year then take your soda mug with you again on the second trip and you can use it again. I guess they use the same mugs the whole year. Not that I am tight but if you have paid for more than one cruise in the same year there must be some hiden benefits !!

:p

The mugs are not the same. They change them on different ships. However, you don't need the mug; most people find them unwieldy and don't use them at all. Just show your sticker and get your drink in a large glass. Works better.

Many people do exactly that & that's why they recently raised the price.

And how can you be certain of this? They recently raised the price on the Chefs Table. Is that because people were cheating? Our cruises this year will cost more than last year. Is that because people were cheating?

I really hate to think that Princess penalizes the rest of us because a few cheat. More probably, they raise prices because they can, because they're a business and aim for the highest EPS they can get, and because they're trying to compete on something other than price.

And how can you be certain of this? They recently raised the price on the Chefs Table. Is that because people were cheating? Our cruises this year will cost more than last year. Is that because people were cheating?

I really hate to think that Princess penalizes the rest of us because a few cheat. More probably, they raise prices because they can, because they're a business and aim for the highest EPS they can get, and because they're trying to compete on something other than price.

I can't really, but considering the high price they now charge & since it's impossible to tell who is sharing a card, there's no other answer. Princess has to increase prices for everyone who buys the sticker to cover the slight loss for anyone who only buys one card per family. Since there's no sure way of controlling it, they're not going to lose out.

The Chefs Table price was bound to happen simply because of the demand.

The cruise price hasn't changed in years from what I can see.

Next item to increase it the UST which seems to be popular.

thanks for all your comments, we usually buy 2 soda cards, and our children are grown up and also buy 2 soda cards and one each for their children so no one can accuse us of being the ones to cheat. That is why I placed the question as I needed to know if it was worth it, and thanks everyone for your input.

You must have had the Ultimate card. The soda card is $5.08 a day.

I don't buy a soda card. During our trip last month, other people we were with, inquired about it at the first dinner we had, and the waiter said it was $7.00 a day, and some of the people with us did buy it, and they were charged $50 some odd bucks for it. There was no mention of any other type of card, by the waiter. One of the guests got room service at one point, and the soda card did not work for the sparkling water that was delivered to their room, however it did cover the same sparkling water in the dining room.

The $5.00 a day card may be on a different boat. There has been talk in other threads about things changing on Princess, one of those things is the Horizon court no longer being 24/7, which was true for our trip. Perhaps they have raised the cost of the soda card.

I don't buy a soda card. During our trip last month, other people we were with, inquired about it at the first dinner we had, and the waiter said it was $7.00 a day, and some of the people with us did buy it, and they were charged $50 some odd bucks for it. There was no mention of any other type of card, by the waiter. One of the guests got room service at one point, and the soda card did not work for the sparkling water that was delivered to their room, however it did cover the same sparkling water in the dining room.

The $5.00 a day card may be on a different boat. There has been talk in other threads about things changing on Princess, one of those things is the Horizon court no longer being 24/7, which was true for our trip. Perhaps they have raised the cost of the soda card.

I never used to buy the soda card but last month I bought the Ultimate card and really enjoyed the milk shakes and smoothies, soda, etc. I used to buy 12 pks before I got on the ship and carry them on. I've now decided I'm not doing that anymore and using my various SBC's to feed my soda and milk shake habit.:)

The soda sticker is the same price on all Princess ships; $4.50/per day + 15%. That comes to $5.08. Nothing delivered to the room on any Princess ship is covered by the coffee card, soda card or ultimate card. And yes, they raised the price of the soda card, which until very recently was $4.25 per day + 15%. When you talk about $7.00, it's the Ultimate card to which you refer and that one is $7.00/day +15% which equals $8.05. This card was just reduced.

Can any of you who have been on the Ruby confirm what flavors of diet soda can be gotten with the soda sticker? I would prefer caffeine free, so I wonder if you could get Diet Sprite.

And remind me again....can you use the sticker/card in the MDR at dinner?Thanks!

Can any of you who have been on the Ruby confirm what flavors of diet soda can be gotten with the soda sticker? I would prefer caffeine free, so I wonder if you could get Diet Sprite.

And remind me again....can you use the sticker/card in the MDR at dinner?Thanks!

With the soda card, you can only get whatever comes out of the gun at the bar: Coke, Diet Coke, club soda, tonic water, and ginger ale. I'm not sure whether or not they even have Diet Sprite available in cans. But yes, you can use the card in the dining room at dinner.

Archived