Weather update from NCL on Facebook

russianmom

I just checked Southwest Air as that is who our flight is through and as of now, they have a warning on their site that there is a possibility that flights could be disrupted for the next 3 days, starting tomorrow. Really hoping not since we leave tomorrow but trying to look on the bright side in that we have the trip insurance and they said if our flight is cancelled and we are unable to make the cruise, then we are 100% covered. I guess I will take that money and apply it towards a cruise in the near future. =)

I didn't call it a vital problem - I called it VITAL "INFORMATION".

I'm done here - you folks take everything and twist it around in order to argue semantics.

The bottom line is, the FIRST place that NCL should make any official statements or announcements should be on THEIR OFFICIAL WEBSITE.

Don't let her get you down, and when you want to share something, do it.

Al

Most likely the PR / marketing dept. are responsible for wording, and after they've created the message I would expect that they post it to Facebook and possibly CC.

Then they probably send an email to the Webmaster for their site, and ask them to post the Alert or Notice there, too.

It's really pathetic that they updated Facebook before they updated their own website - NCL.com. NCL still has the September 1st update on their website which states no changes.

It's probably easier to update facebook than it is NCL.com. And with the recent issues where pax want better communication, they probably are trying to get info out there as soon as possible anywhere possible.

September 3, 2011 2 pm

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance. Therefore, the company is closely monitoring the path of Tropical Storm Lee and Hurricane Katia.

The following is an update on our ships sailing in these areas this weekend:

Tropical Storm Lee

Norwegian Spirit will remain at sea on Sunday, September 4, awaiting an opportunity for safe arrival to New Orleans. At this time, the ship is anticipated to arrive in New Orleans on Monday, September 5 at approximately 5 pm (the ship cannot berth earlier as space at the pier is not available). Please note this arrival time is dependent on the speed and path of the storm.

All guests for the September 4 Norwegian Spirit cruise are asked to delay their arrival at the pier to Monday, September 5 in the late afternoon/early evening. We will have more information available Sunday at 2 pm as to more specific details regarding the anticipated time for embarkation.

Hurricane Katia

Norwegian Dawn is currently in Bermuda. We will be closely monitoring the path of the storm and if any further changes develop, we will notify the guests immediately.

Norwegian Gem is departing on Sunday from New York scheduled to go to Bermuda. However, depending on the path of the storm, the ship may need to alter its itinerary. Guests will be updated on board the vessel.

We will update our website and Facebook page daily throughout the weekend. The next update is scheduled for 2 pm on Sunday, September 4.

We appreciate our guests’ understanding and cooperation.

# # #

Archived