Is river tubing better in Grenada or Dominica?

kevinandrenay

• 4 weeks later...

I went on a Princess cruise November '09 that went to both Grenada and Dominica. We went river tubing in Dominica. It was fabulous! We used Antours. Some in our group went tubing in Grenada as well and said that Dominica was much better. Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We've tubed in Dominica and Grenada and you really can't go wrong with either. If I were forced to choose, I'd pick Grenada simply because the water was moving faster for us when we were there, and the tour guides were really very active in making sure we were all spinning around and having an active ride.

River speeds will vary greatly depending on rainfall, so that's hard to predict. Some friends of ours went a month before us, and they had a slow relaxed river ride, while we had to hold on to our helmets (in Grenada) and had a rip roaring ride. There's just no way to know how it will be in advance.

My best advice would be to see what other things are offered on each of the islands that you like so you can better choose where you'll tube. You may even end up doing what we did......We just went back again the following year so we could tube the other island!!!

Thanks to everyone for your replies.

Tracy - You mad up our mind for us. We are going to give it a shot. I have read some things that said Dominica was better but it sounds like they are not tubing there right now. It sounds like you had a great time and we like a little fast water. I know it is Dependant upon rain.

Thanks again to all,

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Archived