Q7 Suites on te Queen Victoria

SALAD MUNCHER

Hi there, having booked a Q7 gty we have been visited by the upgrade fairy and have been allocated a Q3. This is obviously fantastic news for us and we are very very pleased! :D

However, before we were allocated our cabin my hubbie had the idea he would be in a Q7-Q5 suite at the very back of the boat watching the sea go by. Having just 'googled' about the different categories of Queens Grill suites, it emerged that the QV and QE Queens Grill suites were all 'regraded' earlier this year due to numerous complaints about noise and vibration. On the face of it these 'lower graded' suites look to be better than Q3/Q4 penthouse suites and have larger balconies. :confused: My question is this, has anyone actually been in one of the Q7/Q6/Q5 suites on either of these two ships and if so how bad is the noise and vibration?

We met a couple on board in December 2009 who had 4191. They couldn't sleep because of the vibration and eventually were given an EXTRA room to sleep in along the corriodor, albeit an inside. They padded back to their Q4 (as it was then) every morning in their dressing gowns to get washed and dressed.

Do you think the Q6's went to Q4's because of complaints too? or was that just a money making ploy?

We stayed in 4191 in December 2010, when it was still a Q4. We couldn't fault it for the 5 nights we were on board. Yes, there was a slight vibration, but nothing more than in any other cabin we have stayed in. Likewise for noise. At the end of the day, if we choose to holiday on a cruise ship, there is bound to be vibration and noise. One night of our trip we overnighted in Amsterdam, and we both commented that we didn't sleep any better or worse for being in port. I guess it's very subjective.

You won't be disappointed by the size of this suite. The location, overlooking the stern was perfect for us.

Hi there, having booked a Q7 gty we have been visited by the upgrade fairy and have been allocated a Q3. This is obviously fantastic news for us and we are very very pleased! :D

However, before we were allocated our cabin my hubbie had the idea he would be in a Q7-Q5 suite at the very back of the boat watching the sea go by. Having just 'googled' about the different categories of Queens Grill suites, it emerged that the QV and QE Queens Grill suites were all 'regraded' earlier this year due to numerous complaints about noise and vibration. On the face of it these 'lower graded' suites look to be better than Q3/Q4 penthouse suites and have larger balconies. :confused: My question is this, has anyone actually been in one of the Q7/Q6/Q5 suites on either of these two ships and if so how bad is the noise and vibration?

Last year I was in one and I can't say that I noticed any noise or vibration more than the rest of the ship. The only issue for us was that the cabin was smaller and the balcony was huge on the aft. We were three so that is why we prefer the larger cabin space but for two there is more than enough space. My grandfather enjoys the aft cabins because of the larger balconies but I much prefer the Q3 suites.

Thanks for all your comments. We will certainly enjoy our Q3 cabin and will definately make the most of being in 'the grills'!

I have come to the conclusion that by booking a Q7 guarantee you can't lose - all the Queens suites are fantastic, from Q7 upwards, and the service is second to none whichever Q grade you end up in!

Archived