Complaining about kids???

Rhitson88

Threads like this make one believe that Carnival cruises rightfully deserve their reputation as the "wild child" of the cruise lines.

If all you Carnival cheerleaders are so upset with this fact, then make your kids behave by behaving yourselves and setting a good example for them to follow.

"Raised by Wolves" would have been a better title for this thread.

Funny. You might want to go check the forums of the other major cruise lines and you'll see similar complaints about unruly kids. But haters don't like facts.

Why are there so many complaints about teenage kids when I have encountered cruises where adults between the ages of 20-25 do so many inappropriate things, it would make even their parents ashamed. But nobody says anything about people at that age. Why? Because alcohol is involved? Get real. I have never came across a child around the ages of some of these complaints to ruin my cruise one bit. Lets get over it people. It's annoying and you sound like you hate life and think about how ignorant you sound that a 12 yr old "ruined" your WEEK long vacation. Its just sad. I have a very well behaved 4 yr old that gets enrolled in the kids program so I definitely don't let her run around alone and don't plan on it, just to make that clear.

I guess people stop complaining when they have been flamed to no end. I have complained about inconsiderate seniors who think everyone owes them something and have been called everything under the sun. Guess it gets old after a while.

Good luck in your journey!

Why are there so many complaints about teenage kids when I have encountered cruises where adults between the ages of 20-25 do so many inappropriate things, it would make even their parents ashamed. But nobody says anything about people at that age. Why? Because alcohol is involved? Get real.

Selective memory. You must have ignored all the threads on the idiotic adults especially during Spring Break. Folks do often complain about adults. All the time in fact. That's why I think you have a selective memory in this regards, or you just flat out never saw those threads, or chose to not remember them.

Funny. You might want to go check the forums of the other major cruise lines and you'll see similar complaints about unruly kids. But haters don't like facts.

Not a hater, just a realist after reading all the complaints by Carnival cruisers on this particular thread about out of control kids (and adults as well). Did you not read them?

I have been on many cruises, on RCCC, Princess, HAL, and other lines, yet never have I ever seen behavior like mentioned here. There might be some complaints on other lines, but this seems to be a common and constant complaint here.

Not a hater, just a realist after reading all the complaints by Carnival cruisers on this particular thread about out of control kids (and adults as well). Did you not read them?

I have been on many cruises, on RCCC, Princess, HAL, and other lines, yet never have I ever seen behavior like mentioned here. There might be some complaints on other lines, but this seems to be a common and constant complaint here.

Well, I have been on 10 Carnival cruises and never witnessed behavior mentioned here so we are even I guess. Others have witnessed it and if you go to RCCL, NCL, Disney etc you'll see the same there.

At first, I just started yelling across the deck to "shut up" because I really didn't know who started and who was instigating. I was on my way back inside anyway. On my way down, I told someone in the spa that there was an altercation happening and that there was no staff in the area to alert security. From what I understand, security did show up at that point. Then, my friend saw the second altercation up close and personal and got the full story. She advocated on the girls' behalf to security and got the guy removed. It was quite disgusting to hear that that had all gone down.

I'm glad you spoke up, thank you (and your friend)! I know it's difficult when you don't know who started what, but at a certain point I don't care, it's never appropriate to use slurs. As long as I don't feel I would be in danger (I understand that can be an issue) I would definitely get involved.

When we were on the Dream in May, we had the infamous "Oklahoma Boys" that we 20 something who stayed drunk and awake the whole cruise!! They were awesome, they would sing together, dance, and generally have a great time. Never did I see them rude, and I don't drink at all!! My family and I loved those guys!! You would hear them coming down the hall in the wee hours singing and laughing their way to the cabin. The young kids were having a great time all over the ship, but I didn't see anything wrong with any of it. I chalked it up as a "fun" time. I love to see people on vacation letting loose and enjoying the cruise. To me, why not? People just look for things to complain about. I remember a few years back on the Liberty they warned about an adult themed show, and I heard so many people complaining about how raunchy it was. I was like, you were warned!! It was raunchy, but hey, they warned you, so don't complain.

While I love seeing kids have fun and families enjoying themselves, hearing someone, or a bunch come down the hall singing in the wee hours of the morning is taking it too far. That behavior is rude to the other passengers and should be reported.

There is a big difference between children having fun, being loud and just enjoying their vacation and the ones who pull the elevator pranks, throw

food overboard, suck from the ice cream dispenser and other acts describe dhere. The latter acts should be reported to nearest carnival

employee. For the most part we have only seen a few of these incidences as we cruise in Feb/Mar with our children and grandchildren

sometimes joining us.

To the poster who insists that those who complain are "Jealous" of

cohesive families.........WTH ? :rolleyes: I have no reason to be jealous of you or any other family. I have one of my own thankyouverymuch.

I try to always cruise in Oct or Feb since school is in session. However it seems that more and more parents think it is fine to take their kids out of school to cruise. Personally I would like to have the option of an adults only cruise offered now and then.

I just love these threads that get started in essence "Why does everyone hate kids? Mine are just little Angels, and I dare anyone to say otherwise!"

Lol pretty much. I am very proud to say my little girl would never act out as I have heard people complain about the way some kids do. Why? Because she knows better and has enough integrity built in her little body already to know when mommy or daddy aren't around then you still need to know to do right.

Selective memory. You must have ignored all the threads on the idiotic adults especially during Spring Break. Folks do often complain about adults. All the time in fact. That's why I think you have a selective memory in this regards, or you just flat out never saw those threads, or chose to not remember them.

Nope, never saw them. But, that really wasn't the point I was trying to make. Really just a side point.

I try to always cruise in Oct or Feb since school is in session. However it seems that more and more parents think it is fine to take their kids out of school to cruise. Personally I would like to have the option of an adults only cruise offered now and then.

Mass market cruise lines make a ton of money on families during peak season (I know all too well) and I wouldn't fault anyone for looking for less expensive alternatives. But with year-round school in some areas of the country you are going to find school age children actually out of school during odd times throughout the year. Don't assume that parents have taken them out of school solely for the purpose of cruising.

If you are looking for an adults only cruise, there are cruise lines that offer this option year-round (Crystal, Cunard, Seabourn, Oceania, Windstar, Thompson...and others I'm sure)

Yep........lots are being posted right here on another thread......

Since no one else has done it i guess i'll chime in here for the unruly drunk children.

Hello my name is Joshua, and my frist cruise was last year, i was 20, nearly 21.

Annoying children.

There isn’t really any such thing. These kids are enjoying themselves. If that conflicts with your idea of vacation that is on you. However you want to enforce rules on your own children is fine, but don’t expect anyone else to live up to your expectations.

Annoying Teenagers. 10-16

These guys aren’t in the same boat as the younger cruisers. They are old enough to know better. But are you seriously going to tell me that button mashing in the elevator is so horrible? Generally speaking there is a chance that your elevator will stop on every single floor anyways. Besides that walking up and down the stairs isn’t a big deal. People will move without you having to say anything if you are obvious about needing them to. A simple Excuse me is all I’ve ever needed.

Running up and down the halls at night is something I’ve either not noticed, or didn’t see. By the time I get back to my cabin I’m usually so tired I don’t hear anything until I get my wakeup call.

The younger adults -17-20

Someone brought up the idea of a cerfew for kids 17 and below. That isn’t realistic at all. Any 17yr old smart enough to think is out to sneak into the adult comedy shows, games, and the dance club. In my opinion whether they are successful is really up to their parents.

The partying, drinking crowd.

This is where I am I guess. I don’t really know what to say about us except that for a lot of us getting drunk on our first cruise is a learning experience. That should factor into how annoying we are. We don’t know how to act in this kind of social arena. Being allowed to expirement in this enclosed "safe" enviroment is cruital to learning how to behave.

All of these factors boil down to one thing. If you can’t handle loud kids and obnoxious young adults then a cruise vacation isn’t for you. At least not one with kids allowed on board. There is nothing wrong with not being able to handle a crying baby, or a mischievous young kid, but at the same time it isn’t fair to harass them either.

I haven’t witnessed nearly any of the issues that you all seem to have had to deal with. But If I had it wouldn’t have ruined my cruise. I got sick because of the enclosed nature of the ship. Not even that ruined it for me and I love karaoke. That’s really all I have to share at this time. I hope we can all enjoy each other's company in the years to come. Happy cruising.

Hey Teddy very nicely written post. However you are the entitled PIAs that we are talking about. You aren't old enough to drink on land yet mommy and daddy let you loose on a boat and you get hammered. Then you think that it's okay to be a PIA the rest of the night. You have the right to go get stupid just don't annoy the rest of civilization. Here is an idea, when you hit 18 go join the military until you grow up.

Hey Teddy very nicely written post. However you are the entitled PIAs that we are talking about. You aren't old enough to drink on land yet mommy and daddy let you loose on a boat and you get hammered. Then you think that it's okay to be a PIA the rest of the night. You have the right to go get stupid just don't annoy the rest of civilization. Here is an idea, when you hit 18 go join the military until you grow up.

I was turning 21 in 2 months, i did let loose in the club, with everyone else my age, and i did go to sleep right after. Not only was i happily sober before 11 pm each night, but i was able to enjoy everyone else's time too including the drunk people and silly children.

What you wrote just now, is a common mistake. Instead of reading everything i wrote, you just assumed i was rebeling against "the adults." At which point you decided it was okay for you to insult me and my parents. What does that say about you and how entitled you feel?

Actually I have earned everything in my lifetime the hard way. I appreciate everything I have earned and I did read every word you wrote. Kudos for a well thought out composition however I read it as you were defending everyone positions or we need an education on the youth of today. I do not need that thank you. We have raised ours and paid for the multiple degrees and they appear to be well adjusted individuals. Maybe I have outgrown the Carnival scene. Maybe that's why I like longer cruises and out of Tampa area. I am not quite old enough to own a Buick though.

You got that from his post? Wow.

funny..144 posts belittling kids and berating their parents..ok, I admit there were a few in their defense...but seriously.....kid bashing on these threads is acceptable?

Try bashing any other segment of the population...just because you don't like how they act/react/conduct themselves on a cruise....and the thread gets closed down...as it is discriminatory and politically incorrect.......but nope...when it comes to insulting and bashing kids who happen to cruise it is open season.....shameful

again, I am not discussing the kid's behavior....I am posting regarding the ease with which many posters will insult and discriminate against kids on these threads.....

funny..144 posts belittling kids and berating their parents..ok, I admit there were a few in their defense...but seriously.....kid bashing on these threads is acceptable?

Try bashing any other segment of the population...just because you don't like how they act/react/conduct themselves on a cruise....and the thread gets closed down...as it is discriminatory and politically incorrect.......but nope...when it comes to insulting and bashing kids who happen to cruise it is open season.....shameful

again, I am not discussing the kid's behavior....I am posting regarding the ease with which many posters will insult and discriminate against kids on these threads.....

Really? Nobody is bashing kids.......they are describing their experience with kids that obviously have no parental guidance....

I guess people stop complaining when they have been flamed to no end. I have complained about inconsiderate seniors who think everyone owes them something and have been called everything under the sun. Guess it gets old after a while.

Good luck in your journey!

see what I mean? Complain about a different demographic...and you are flamed

Complain about kids.....and it is applauded

seriously folks..just stop and think about it...if you have to constantly complain about kids on cruises..then maybe it is time to vacation elsewhere.....or go on Cunard.....but regardless, kids and families will always be on cruise ships.

Archived