Complaining about kids???

Rhitson88

On our last cruise, what we witnessed was that the kids all get together and roam the ship. They don't have to stay in the kids club and so they don't. We were talking with another couple whose child was amongst the group and while they weren't bad kids, they were just not behaving appropriately.

On our last cruise we saw kids (teens) hopping from one lounge chair to the next in trampoline fashion. We were run out of a hot tub one afternoon when an influx of them came in and started getting frisky with one another, plus we did see a few of them obviously intoxicated.

Just my opinion, I know as a parent, if I brought my kids, I wouldn't turn my kids loose. If it's a family vacation, then we're doing stuff together.

I feel the same way that if we are going as a family then I would definitely be wanting to spend time with my kids. Unless of course my 4 yr wants to go to the kids club (which she always wants to go to). But I do hope you said something to those kids rather than just getting up and leaving the hot tub. I would have.

Get over yourself honey. Kids are wonderfull however there are some parents out there that do not care if their children misbehave. People who pay for a crusie have the right to complain if they so desire. Not all children are perfect angels, some are annoying little **** that were never taught respect. Jeez to you :eek:

Um, the post you replied to doesn't even go with what you said. Good job!

I agree. But people think that its only them that matter on a cruise and kids can't be kids on a cruise. Understanding that maybe a 10 yr old enjoys him or herself acting as, oh I don't know, maybe a 10 yr old? Its just hard to explain stuff to people who have never had kids, or people who have had kids and couldn't wait the second they were of legal age to be pushed out of the house.

While I do understand that there are people out there who just don't like kids and don't understand a kid being a kid, they are far and few between, just as the out of control kids are far and few between.

I just hope YOU get that there is a big difference between a kid being a kid and a kid with no sense of boundaries or consequences, because those are the ones people usually have an issue with.

I honestly think that behind any misbehaved child there is at least 1 badly behaved adult. I have never had a cruise ruined by anyone else before and I have traveled with children in our parties of varying ages and maturity levels. I think the most drama actually comes from the badly behaved adults. I don't care if people are 4 or 24 or 64- they can make the environment pleasant or unpleasant. We have an upcoming cruise where an adult guest was so anti child (which is funny because she herself is a badly behaving adult) that we asked her nicely not to join us. Long story, but I would take a crying child over an obnoxious adult any day of the week :-)

Happy cruising and wishing courteous cruisemates to all of you!

LOL - Thank you - your cruise is what you make of it - On all the cruises I have been on the kids have all been well behaved and the only "drama" has been from the adults! :eek:

While you sound like a nice kid....your post does show that you are still young and don't understand that even pushing elevator buttons can be a hard ship on many people.....there are people with mobility problems that cannot take stairs.....and admitting to not knowing how to act while drinking alcohol does not give you a license to annoy others.....and I surely hope you don't think a cruiseship is a closed and safe environment for alcohol experimenting youths.....some drunkin youths have gone overboard with the same mentality........

So sound like a good kid......be safe!

Your joking right? stopping at an extra floor will hurt you? do you also complain about no shrimp coctail, people aren't dressed to your choice. You must be hard to please, my god get over yourself. Adults are 10 times worse than kids

Your joking right? stopping at an extra floor will hurt you? do you also complain about no shrimp coctail, people aren't dressed to your choice. You must be hard to please, my god get over yourself. Adults are 10 times worse than kids

Can you please show me where I said any of that? Please?

Thanks..and believe me I have a bunch of great daughters at my house....for that very reason......I am raising the future and long as DH and I are on watch....the 4 that we turn out will be good.....that is our job

of course.....the girls feel that way as well....so it is easy over here.

hint for you...do not be afraid to say what you mean to your kids..and tell them honestly...let them know if you disapprove of someone as a friend..or disapprove of a certain activity.....you are not hindering them..you are guiding them.....and regardless of anyone will try to convince you of.....they will grow up strong and independant....:)

and you think your the only one that has raised or is raising the future?

welcome to the world, plenty of us have done it with children to be proud of. we just did it with eyes open and with full knowledge that not all children have the same guidance.

Therefore there will be children, and adults too :p who misbehave and

cause trouble for other passengers aboard a cruise. Not all, but some.

They need to be reported or spoken to if necessary. I do NOT mean kids and families having fun and maybe being too loud. I'm talking about obnoxious behavior. This is not child bashing. Its not because i'm jealous, its because they are infringing upon others enjoyment of their vacation. Get it???

?

I truly thinks she believes that.

I agree 100% (as usual) with your post.

Can you please show me where I said any of that? Please?

They'll have a difficult time finding where you said anything like that, because you absolutely didn't.

welcome to the world, plenty of us have done it with children to be proud of. we just did it with eyes open and with full knowledge that not all children have the same guidance.

They need to be reported or spoken to if necessary. I do NOT mean kids and families having fun and maybe being too loud. I'm talking about obnoxious behavior. This is not child bashing. Its not because i'm jealous, its because they are infringing upon others enjoyment of their vacation. Get it???

Unless english is someones second language......that should do it:D Or maybe not:o:p

I truly thinks she believes that.

I agree 100% (as usual) with your post.

They'll have a difficult time finding where you said anything like that, because you absolutely didn't.

I do too!

Sometimes I think I'm in the twilight zone:p

Thank you for putting it so clearly.....It is my vacation and I am not paying for kids to disrupt it. Yes they are on vacation to so parents teach your kids some manners before they board the ship.

Unless english is someones second language......that should do it:D Or maybe not:o:p

I do too!

Sometimes I think I'm in the twilight zone:p

Nah, the Twilight Zone was entertaining.

I have no clue what Zone this place is...:D

And I thought it was just me:p But what do I know?

While you sound like a nice kid....your post does show that you are still young and don't understand that even pushing elevator buttons can be a hard ship on many people.....there are people with mobility problems that cannot take stairs.....and admitting to not knowing how to act while drinking alcohol does not give you a license to annoy others.....and I surely hope you don't think a cruiseship is a closed and safe environment for alcohol experimenting youths.....some drunkin youths have gone overboard with the same mentality........

So sound like a good kid......be safe!

This is for Miss diva and Halos who said I couldn't find where you said a kid pushing a elevator button is a hardship . Hear ya go Read and Weap.;) It's amazing how some people say stuff and then deny saying it.Kids will be kids and if that or no shrimp coctail or people not dressed to your unique style is upsetting you try a land vacation.Such trivial stuff and the kid bashing is discrimation. I'm sure if people came on here and said no women should cruise because "xyz" you would not be happy with it. I guess it's ok to be racist against kids, repubs, and white men. Hypocrites.

This is for Miss diva and Halos who said I couldn't find where you said a kid pushing a elevator button is a hardship . Hear ya go Read and Weap.;)

Actually this is what you said below.....read it and weep

And I asked you kindly where did I say any of this?

This is for Miss diva and Halos who said I couldn't find where you said a kid pushing a elevator button is a hardship . Hear ya go Read and Weap.;) It's amazing how some people say stuff and then deny saying it.Kids will be kids and if that or no shrimp coctail or people not dressed to your unique style is upsetting you try a land vacation.Such trivial stuff and the kid bashing is discrimation. I'm sure if people came on here and said no women should cruise because "xyz" you would not be happy with it. I guess it's ok to be racist against kids, repubs, and white men. Hypocrites.

You sir, have a problem:rolleyes: Check the posts and you re-READ what was said. You're putting words into people mouths after you chew them!!! Please stop trying to turn this thread into your own agenda.......whatever that may be:mad:

Actually this is what you said below.....read it and weep

And I asked you kindly where did I say any of this?

They didn't say you said all those things, just the button pushing. The words "do you also complain about" kind of gives it away. :rolleyes:

They didn't say you said all those things, just the button pushing. The words "do you also complain about" kind of gives it away. :rolleyes:

Oh you mean this part highlighted below: Because this is the post I quoted him on....

Nope never said that......never said ANY of those things. :rolleyes: And quit frankly neither did anyone else.....

Oh you mean this part highlighted below: Because this is the post I quoted him on....

Nope never said that......never said ANY of those things. :rolleyes: And quit frankly neither did anyone else.....

Well you keep saying you never said any of those things, as in plural. The poster didn't claim you did. They made one claim which while it isnt worded exactly as you said it, you did complain about the hardship it causes for some so in essence, the poster was correct. You're just playing word games. At least 3 times you accused them of claiming you said all those things.

Well you keep saying you never said any of those things, as in plural. The poster didn't claim you did. They made one claim which while it isnt worded exactly as you said it, you did complain about the hardship it causes for some so in essence, the poster was correct. You're just playing word games. At least 3 times you accused them of claiming you said all those things.

You can't be serious.....I said "even pushing an elevator button can be a hardship on people...there are people with mobility problems that cannot take stairs". His accusation was "stopping an extra floor will hurt you"? directed at me......not worded the same, not even the same meaning......now YOU quit playing games.........

i can't believe this thread has gone this far and gotten this heated...

when my friend posted a thread looking for activities/events that were more adult and less child oriented, SHE was bashed as a child hater, and then her thread got deleted. :rolleyes:

Archived