Waterproof Mascara suggestions please...

01 Cobra

The very best mascara for the money hands down is Maybelline Great Lash.

I know because my bathroom is a graveyard for experimental mascara.

LOL...I know this well. I am (or was) a Lancome freak, and recently, they stopped making the mascara that I loved.(aquacils) Well.....I have about 41 new tubes of mascara in my bathroom drawer, and hate all of them.....the new Lancome waterproof mascara is not as good as the old, so I won't spend the money on it.

The one I do like the best right now is Maybelline Full & Soft Waterproof.(silver tube)

My eyebrows are very thin and the older I get, they have somehow gone from brown to gray. I use a brush and brown eyeshadow . . . I think it looks a lot more natural than pencil. I've tried pencil but no matter how hard I try . . . my eyebrows always look like they're painted on.

There are a lot of eyebrow gels out there that come in a tube, like mascara, they work well on the hairs. I myself, have permanent makeup eyebrows and love them. They look very natural. You just have to find someone who is good at it, so you don't end up looking like they were drawn on.:)

There are a lot of eyebrow gels out there that come in a tube, like mascara, they work well on the hairs. I myself, have permanent makeup eyebrows and love them. They look very natural. You just have to find someone who is good at it, so you don't end up looking like they were drawn on.:)

Yeah, I had some permanently done too, but I got what I paid for, and she didn't do that great of a job. :( So I just use them as a guideline, and pencil over them. I use a taupe color, because anything darker does look painted on. But with my blond hair, the taupe works nicely, and I can usually get them to look pretty good. I tried the brush and eyeshadow trick, but my T-zone is oily, and they usually slid off my face about half way through the day. :)

Eventually, I plan to have them redone, and done right, but I'm just a little gun-shy about it. :eek:

Yeah, I had some permanently done too, but I got what I paid for, and she didn't do that great of a job. :( So I just use them as a guideline, and pencil over them. I use a taupe color, because anything darker does look painted on. But with my blond hair, the taupe works nicely, and I can usually get them to look pretty good. I tried the brush and eyeshadow trick, but my T-zone is oily, and they usually slid off my face about half way through the day. :)

Eventually, I plan to have them redone, and done right, but I'm just a little gun-shy about it. :eek:

I know how hard it is to find someone that does them right. I have been using the same woman for the last 10 or so years. Well, she's kind of kooky, and about 67 years old, but good at it. Well, last time, I thought I'd try someone else, and I spent an entire day goin from day spa to salons, looking at photo's of their work, and in the end, I decided to go back to my original one because the difference in the talent was night and day. That's what you have to do though, go there and ask to see photos.

Perki, Your post could have been written by me. After years of trial and error, I have decided that either Lancome or Chanel mascaras work best for me. They are a bit more costly, but I seem to spend the same, 4 cheap mascaras that I try and don't like, or one expensive tube that I love. Lancome usually wins out, because I'll buy them when they have the gift offer. I try not to use waterproof too much, because it is so hard to remove and pulls out my own natural lashes. I tend to use it only on my lower lashes, my eyes water a bit from allergies and contact lenses.

While we are on the waterproof subject, Jane110 suggested a while back Chanel Aqua Crayon. I've been using it ever since and it works great, the color, Espresso is perfect (for me) and it really stays on all day. Thanks again, Jane.

The Avon eye makeup remover is a great deal. One of the few Avon products that I use. The other one is their lip conditioner. I have a friend that sells Avon and I always feel a bit guilty for not buying more from her, but their makeup and lipstick just doesn't go on well or last very long for me. Everyone is different, though, a co-worker of mine always has fantastic looking makeup and all she uses is Avon.... go figure.

Lisa glad to hear of your good experience with getting your eyelashes dyed. I was planning on doing this for my cruise as well as having them permanently curled. They do it for only $26 at my local day spa. If it looks good enough I may not wear mascara at all!

Karen

Oh my goodness . . . this is something I've wanted to do for years! How does one find someone that does permanent eyebrows . . . that does a really good job? If I could find someone that did a really natural brow . . . I'd be there tomorrow!

Oh my goodness . . . this is something I've wanted to do for years! How does one find someone that does permanent eyebrows . . . that does a really good job? If I could find someone that did a really natural brow . . . I'd be there tomorrow!

The first time I had it done, I was in St. Loius, and they had a girl on TV, like for a news event, and she was tellin all about it. I immediately called her. She was $600 for the brows, but I didn't care....they came out beautiful.

When I moved to Florida, and needed to have them touched up, I looked to see who was here, and found this woman, went there and looked at her portfolio. She has been doing my touch ups for the last 10 years or so, and charges $175.00, or $125, depending on how much filling in she has to do.

The best way to find them is to look in the phone book under permenant makeup, brows, etc, and there are a number of online directories.....let me see if I can find one.....here is one in Alexandra VA, not sure how close to you that is....she looks good too.....

http://www.permanentmakeupclinic.com/gallery/eyebrows.htm

You can also look at the one that does mine...I am not in the portfolio, and most of these people have just had their procedure done, so it does smooth out over the following 7 days..... http://www.apermanentmakeup.com/

You just have to go there and look at their portfolios and see who does the best work, no matter where you go. If you can not get to the one I posted, you can usually call salons, and day spa's and ask them if they know anyone. Usually they will know someone. You can also look for aesthetics in the phone book.

Oh, one word of caution, stay away from people who do tattoos, that is a different procedure....and if they screw up, you will really have to find someone to fix it.

Archived