Walk to Majahual??

aporter47

Several of you have posted that it was about a 20 minute walk to Majahual...are there any directions that we need to walk there? We are the last of four ships to arrive that day. :( I'm just preparing myself for the long lines!

I've heard Tapas is good...any others?? Since we're last I may not get my first pick. Does anyone offer kayak rentals???

Any other good info for a first timer to Costa Maya??

Several of you have posted that it was about a 20 minute walk to Majahual...are there any directions that we need to walk there? We are the last of four ships to arrive that day. :( I'm just preparing myself for the long lines!

I've heard Tapas is good...any others?? Since we're last I may not get my first pick. Does anyone offer kayak rentals???

Any other good info for a first timer to Costa Maya??

I have never been to Costa Maya but I am going there on the Granduer of the Sea out of New Orleans in about 3 weeks.

Check out this website www.chacchobenruins.com and look under tours, they have a map that shows where to go from the port. I hope this helps you out. I have read alot of good reviews about this tour company.

We didn't do the walk, we took the taxi, which was very inexpensive and is supposingly run by locals who actually get the money from the fares. But we talked with several people who did walk over and they said there was a path that ran right along the beach to the town. Hopefully someone who has made the walk will reply and give you exact directions.

Have a great next cruise.

When you walk down the pier and look to your left you will see the path that takes you into town.We just followed the little beach area at the pier until we came to the cement wall. We then just stepped into the water and walked around the wall.The path is right there.The rest of the walk is easy and the path goes right into town to the main road or mainstreet.There was one obstacle on the path which is a metal tower that had fallen across the path but we just climbed through it.Before this point however on your right you will see another dirt or sand path if you take that path it brings you to the same path later on and you miss the tower obstacle.20 minute walk and saw lots of iguanas and a few strange looking birds.If Tapas is busy walk to the end of the main street and go to Pez Quadro , you will see swings at the bar. Drinks are awesome and there is good food across the street at the hotel. Purified ice and water are used,great margaritas and not near as busy as Tapas.We were there in feb.

Just before you get to Tapas, there a restaurant right on the beach. It's called El Faro, but I'm not sure the name is displayed anywhere. It has a thatched roof, with yellow umbrellas over the beach tables. The restrooms were clean (although there was no seat on the toilet in the ladies room}.

The service and food were good and the prices very reasonable. Four of us adults and two children spent the day there for about $60 with a fair number of drinks, and some food.

One word of caution, when you're in the water, watch where you put your feet. there are a number of spiny black sea urchins, including in the sea grass.

Archived