Separate Check-in/Embarking at Pier

yoyocruiser

I tried a search on this and did not come up with anything. So here is the situation.

We are departing on the Dawn out of Boston and (unfortunately) my DH will have to work that day (he works in Boston). He will not get to the pier until close to 2 PM--probably like 1:30--(but I believe 2PM is the latest he can arrive for 4 PM departure?)

Well, I have already taken the day off. I really like to board early and hang out ont he ship prior to departure. I would like to arrive earlier--around 11. But it looks like our eDocs have us together on the ticket.

Has anyone in the same cabin ever tried to check in separately? I would hate to get on the ship and then have to wave to my DH standing on Black Falcon Pier as we are sailing away. :eek:

Not a problem at all.

Just print out two docs, one for each of you. The rent a cops usually restrict access to the pier area, so you will need them. And, assume you each carry your own ID. And, make sure you have a credit card ready.

You do NOT need to checkin together.

Oh yea, keep your cell phone turned on so he can find you.

Check for needed signatures on your eDocs, and think about how you'll handle the need to show passports. That's stuck me every.single.time Hubby has dropped me off to check-in while he returns the rental car.

You'd think at some point I'd get it together, but I see that big HUGE SHIP(!!1!) and my brain melts down. :o

Worst case is you're stuck in the lobby for that period of time, calling him every 5 minutes to leave work. ;)

Thanks folks!

Collectingcoke--yes, I would be more comfrotable checking in together. I mean obviously that is what we usually do so it makes me a little nervous. But i figure this has to happen to people--there has to be a way and soem precedent. What does worry me is I do know (from reading here) that you can run into the wrong person and things can go down hill fast--espeically when you are trying to do something out of the norm.

I just hate to waste a half day aboard the Dawn!! I don't want to wait until 2PM--:D

45014--well I think if I get anxious about it I will just wait at the dock for him to arrive and hope he can leave a bit early. We planned this a bit on spur of the moment so I feel fortunate that we can get away.

But yes, as I said, it would be quite sad to leave him on the pier. . .and then have that beautiful aft suite all to myself!!:eek:

Archived