Court TV - Ecstasy - "Floating Inferno"

TXRoo

Tonight on CourtTV at 11:30 pm EST was a show called Extreme Evidence - "Floating Inferno". It was about the Ecstasy fire in 1998 (?).

Sorry I am posting this so late...I just saw it.

It repeats at 3:30am EST for those willing to stay up and watch it. I don't see a repeat of it in the following weeks.

I just caught the tag end of that show. As they said in the piece, they are making it safe for the rest of the cruise industry. It was an amazing wake up call for Carnival and the rest. I take it that this will help keep everyone thinking safety and maintenance. Cheers

Scott

CruiseStrong

Tonight on CourtTV at 11:30 pm EST was a show called Extreme Evidence - "Floating Inferno". It was about the Ecstasy fire in 1998 (?).

Sorry I am posting this so late...I just saw it.

It repeats at 3:30am EST for those willing to stay up and watch it. I don't see a repeat of it in the following weeks.

Was this the one about the laundry room fire that was sparked by a crewmember?

Yes Sir Liv, that would be the one!

Ah yes, arch-welding near a dryer vent that's packed full of lint. We've got some real rocket scientists among us :rolleyes:

My son and daughter-inlaw were on that cruise on their honeymoon. I was so upset and scared when I was watching it on the TV live, I just thank god that it happened just after leaving port. He was calling me from the ship telling me that they didn't know much of what was going on as they hearded them into big show lounge and kept telling them that everything was fine and it was not a big fire. They did get their money back and a free cruise which they took on Valentines day. I sure won't forget that day and neither will my son as I am the one that talked them into going on the cruise. Linda

My friends were on that cruise for their honeymoon... they must have been doing something right because they had a blast and it took forever before they realized what was happening! LOL! We were watching it on TV and were so worried for them... they took in in stride and enjoyed their free cruise!!!!!

Archived